E-MU 1820 m question

contact

whatup, I'm thinking about making this the core of my little setup. I was just wondering if anyone has it, or has used it, and what they think of it( sound quality) and also do any of you have an anlog mixer hooked up thru it? and how is that working?
-thanks

its a great sounding card but i personally hate emus software that comes with the cards. if the software wont annoy u i say jump on it. I had the 1212m and the software annoyed me to no end so i sold it

The 1820M blows all the Audigies out the water.
The 1820M has TFT Pro converters, asame ones as on the Digi range.

The Patch Mix Dsp software can be confusing but you can stick to their session templates and it makes life easier.

The Dsp has a ton of plugins and these can be updated.

The card has a turntable input with ground lug, 2 midi ins/outs, a ton of connections with a couple of mic pres.
A great card.

Try both and see which suits you the most.

Samplecraze said:
The 1820M blows all the Audigies out the water.
The 1820M has TFT Pro converters, asame ones as on the Digi range.

The Patch Mix Dsp software can be confusing but you can stick to their session templates and it makes life easier.

The Dsp has a ton of plugins and these can be updated.

The card has a turntable input with ground lug, 2 midi ins/outs, a ton of connections with a couple of mic pres.
A great card.

Try both and see which suits you the most.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

he's back (i didn't fully realize this in your last post) :D :victory: :victory: :victory: :cheers: :D

the audigy is rather a gaming card, than a professional card for producing.. i'd go for the emu, but compare them for yourself :)

Last edited:
i personally dont like the emu cards (due to the patch mix i know how to use it but the **** is mad annoying) but they are way better than any audigy.

Back