E-mu 0404 problem

K

koto

Hello,

I recenlty upgraded my sound card from a SB Live to the Emu 0404, having a few problems.

First of all I am only getting sound from one speaker. My speakers are self powered computer speakers. I am running the single 1/8 output cable into a (Y) stereo 1/4 output, so they can connect with the 2 of the four emu output connections.

Further, I when playing back music, for example, using winamp, it only plays for a few seconds and then completley stops. When I double click on the file to play again, it does nothing.

Any adivce

Call Emu tech support !! They rock . They should be there today but will most likely be gone for a few days after today .

I also got that card,remeber thoses plugs are Mono,I though like you and did the same thing u just can't split a mono and call it stereo (Tired it)your best bet is to get a mixer and run cables 2 R/L ins(card) into 2 R/L outs(mixer) and and plug your speakers into the headphone jack on the mixer,also the EMU 0404 card doesn't have any kinda of amp on it so the mixer will do wonders

And EMU says no Mixer Requied
that is BS lol
or at least u need some kinda AMP

Good Luck
Dreaminginstereo

erbium said:
Call Emu tech support !! They rock . They should be there today but will most likely be gone for a few days after today .

I have to agree. The guys at Emu support were jumping through hoops to help me with a problem that I had.

Back