Double Time Midi files help

Alejandro Beats

I feel like such a noob for asking this, but what is the proper way to make a trap beat at say 70bpm in fl studio. I currently do the double time method,but I would like to do things the right way.My issue is I have a lot of midi files and loops that are set for 140 there must be a way to play them at 70 and be just as fast.:hmmm:

You can change the time signature on MIDI clips in Ableton if you have it. There's a little button that'll either half it or double so it's a fast and painless process.

If your tempo is 140 bpm and you want to bring it back to 70bpm and still keep the same "speed" (by which we really mean the same density of notes.....)

You need to make each note half as long and start half as early - I do not recommend doing that by hand as it is tedious and very easy to lose your place.

Instead your daw should have some macros/midi processing settings that will double time your midi tracks.

You need to apply this to every single track either at the one time or one after the other.

Once done, you reset your tempo to 70 and everything will be just the same as it ever was......

If your tempo is 140 bpm and you want to bring it back to 70bpm and still keep the same "speed" (by which we really mean the same density of notes.....)

You need to make each note half as long and start half as early - I do not recommend doing that by hand as it is tedious and very easy to lose your place.

Instead your daw should have some macros/midi processing settings that will double time your midi tracks.

You need to apply this to every single track either at the one time or one after the other.

Once done, you reset your tempo to 70 and everything will be just the same as it ever was......

I know Ableton does this, but pretty sure both FL Studio and Pro Tools can't do this.

The closest Pro Tools gets is by time stretching MIDI, but it's not really the same thing.

Back