Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont know what to do

Thanks

Dont know what to do

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guys, i am 18 years old and i started learning about music producing 2 months (or 1 month) ago.
    Next week i am joining the army that mean that i will have my computer with the fl studio just once in 2 weeks and my phone for 30 or 20 min every day for 8 months.
    My question is , should i keep watching videos and tutorials in youtube everyday for 20 min or it wont benefit me. Also, my dream is to be successful dj like martin garrix but i am 18 yo without any experience and i dont know what to do... i really want to success but it feels like i wont make it

Thanks
    Take things slowly. Yes, you will not be spending much time with music for awhile, and trust me, when you get free time, you’re probably going to want to sleep. But that’s OK. Take your time. There is no game buzzer for “making it.” Think slow and steady; you have a lot to learn.

Are we talking about the U.S. Army? If so, what will your MOS be?

GJ
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions
    The Sonic Vault Recording Studio
    Drum! Magazine Contributor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmgj View Post
    Take things slowly. Yes, you will not be spending much time with music for awhile, and trust me, when you get free time, you’re probably going to want to sleep. But that’s OK. Take your time. There is no game buzzer for “making it.” Think slow and steady; you have a lot to learn.

Are we talking about the U.S. Army? If so, what will your MOS be?

GJ
    The Israeli army XD
    I really want to success in it.
    martin garrix, avicii, david guetta etc. They all started at very young age and had a lot of free time for it. I am 18 and i wont have free time until 21 (or maybe 20) but I want to use the 20 min that i will have to exrecise but i dont know how to do it with a phone bwcause i wont have my computer . It always been my dream but i never believed in myself, even now my friends are laughing at me that i want to be a music producer instead of software engineer.
    I think that there is kind of game buzzer because i dont want to live with small salary trying to become a music producer and dont secceed.

Thanks
    You are 18, being in the military is not a death sentence that people make it out to be

Forget about the mass media definition of success as it drives many people to suicide (see RIP Avicii : WeAreTheMusicMakers regarding Avicii's death) and there are many things that one has to do in music to sustain themselves (marketing/promo, etc.) not solely for themselves but to the desire of employers (and their higher ups whom they answer to) so in that regard music business is like any other as everyone answers to someone in a way (esp. if they are signed). Making music a career is not literally creating 24/7 w/nothing else to be done. Live life holistically and realistically outside music so you can put something spiritually into your music.

Examples of people who are in the military but still make music are: “No 9 to 5, No Plan B”: Smitti Boi Explains How He Risked It All For A Career In Music

FPs own

https://www.futureproducers.com/foru...rs/431261.html

https://www.futureproducers.com/foru...rs/450093.html

Life works on the basis of reality not dreams. Dreams imply fantasies which don't always come true.

You ain't Martin Garrix, Avicii, etc. you are you and there can/should only be one you.

You should be in college/university/trade school at your age but you (or did your parents) choose/chose the Military which can be a mature choice equal to attending college, university and/or trade school.

You have your whole life to make music if you leave out the fantasy of making it according to how mass media sells the dream which implies that you do little to no work for what is perceived as immense financial success.
    Last edited by OGBama; 03-14-2019 at 07:18 AM.
    "Once black music leaves its original context, it begins to take on different meanings and serve different functions, and it is interpreted very differently." Portia Maultsby

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OGBama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Actually, in my country i must go to the military for 3 years XD

Thanks
    I think Jimmy Hendrix was in the army. Didn't do him any harm.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1nddone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nddone View Post
    I think Jimmy Hendrix was in the army. Didn't do him any harm.
    The problem is that i started a month ago and i am 18 years old. all the good djs start at the age of 16 and even 14.

Thanks
    You will be fine. Slow and Steady wins the race. Do you play any instruments? I was an Army Bandsman for almost a decade. Serve and play at the same time is a good way to go!

GJ
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmgj View Post
    You will be fine. Slow and Steady wins the race. Do you play any instruments? I was an Army Bandsman for almost a decade. Serve and play at the same time is a good way to go!

GJ
    No i dont play XD
    I am gonna be in the tanks lol :P
    Last edited by Kfs743; 03-14-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    You will be ok. My father was a tank commander. Wear your ear protection!

GJ
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions

Thread Information