Different drum patterns in Reason...

liljohnson

Alright I want to start off sayin' that I'm usin' a copy of Reason that I bought off a friend so I don't have any formal instructions just tryin' to learn it all on my own. I've gotten a lot of stuff down so far but one thing that's buggin' me is the ReDrum. I'm sure there is an easy solution to the problem but I just can't figure it out. Okay say I wanted to start the song I'm workin' on off with somethin' playin in the Subtractor with no drums. At 12sec's or wherever how would I get the drums to start then? Another thing... Say I've got the drums goin' and before the chorus comes in I want a different pattern goin'. How would I do that? Thanks in advanced ya'll helped me out with my last problem!

If it's a legit copy you should still have at least the pdf manuals that are on the Reason discs. Check page 10 - Recording pattern changes.

You do know how to use the sequencer right?

Oh and LMFAO @ "I bought it from a friend so i have no manual"

yeah,use the sequencer

Last edited by a moderator:
OmniUnknown said:
Oh and LMFAO @ "I bought it from a friend so i have no manual"

Yeah, classic excuse, but I decided I'm too tired to get in the "oh you pirate, you" discussion again :)

Place the left loop line in the sequence to your starting point,then right select redrum, and "Copy pattern to track"(Be sure redum is highlighted in the sequencer otherwise you get a warning). When playing back unselect enable pattern selection in redrum or you pattern will always play, even when it's not copied to the track.

Back