Developing a Beat Store Business Mindset (To Sell Beats)

I'd rather be a beatmaker in a more artistic sense than a 7-eleven..

Last edited:

Even making money off your artistic sense living on a ocean front loft cuz now you don't have to work for anybody and can spend all day everyday travelling or just at home doing what you do best...

Last edited:

I've been down that road before.

Lets hope you don't come back to this post in a couple years in regret wishing you had changed some of your beliefs and thoughts about your art and the opportunities you can create from it.

You don't have to become a 7-eleven - just be smart and leverage your skill-set to start a business for yourself and reap the benefits of doing so. Again, I've been down that "artistic" road and found myself with a massive library of beats, waking up for a 9-5 job which I hated, debt/bills and more beats...

Cool beats btw.

Create a website for other to buy beats is a great source for additional income and depending on how well you promote and advertise your business, it can create greater revenue.

The beats/records sell themselves, so you don't have to worry about that at all. Although if you're still looking to expand, exposing your works to major labels and A&Rs is still a must.

Good article... I totally agree you need the right mindset. You have to decide that this is what you really want and then you need to go out and do it.

I've been down that road before.

Lets hope you don't come back to this post in a couple years in regret wishing you had changed some of your beliefs and thoughts about your art and the opportunities you can create from it.

You don't have to become a 7-eleven - just be smart and leverage your skill-set to start a business for yourself and reap the benefits of doing so. Again, I've been down that "artistic" road and found myself with a massive library of beats, waking up for a 9-5 job which I hated, debt/bills and more beats...

Cool beats btw.

Thanks.
Maybe I should have typed my thoughts more clearly. I'm not against selling beats, The Boomjacks sell beats after all. I just feel that having an automated lease store can get in the way of connecting with people. It doesn't take that much effort to send an email or two.. We are now working on some collaborative projects with a few dope artists, thanks to having a personal connection with them instead of an automated message..

Last edited:
Thanks.
Maybe I should have typed my thoughts more clearly. I'm not against selling selling beats, The Boomjacks sell beats after all. I just feel that having an automated lease store can get in the way of connecting with people. It doesn't take that much effort to send an email or two.. We are now working on some collaborative projects with a few dope artists, thanks to having a personal connection with them instead of an automated message..

I completely understand your point of view.

It is still possible to collaborate with people with an automated process. I believe that people who have signed up to a mailing list of some sort agree to what they are subscribing to so they'll appreciate that form of communication with the understanding that you or they can also begin a more personal, direct communication.

But your point is still valid. I'll check out your CD.

peace

Back