couple things, conversion...

philm

What program do you use to convert your wav or any other audio type file from one to the other aif mp3 etc?

Also is there a way in rebirth to import other mp3's and mess with them or extract some of the beats? Maybe only in full version? Maybe I need different software? What then?

Thanks!

To convert files, I am using Sound Forge 4.5, which does much more than this, but does also conversions, resample (changing the Khz rate), channel merge (stereo to mono), etc..

As for your second question... There are some modification tools to change the WAV sounds you hear on the TR808 and 909. You can import any sound and create your own "mod" (you can even change the graphics). I think you'll need the full rebirth to do that, and the mod program. Go to the rebirth site (its listed in the music portal on this site) to find out more details.

I have the feeling you will LOVE reason... reason is the new program made by the creators of Rebirth, which will be out shortly (before 2001). It has many modules, including a polyphonic software sampler. A sampler let's you record any audio source, and mess with it, play with WAV files on your keyboard, add filters and stuff to it... Reason also has classic synthesizers in there, where you can create your sound from A to Z building with Oscillators, VCO, Enveloppes, etc.. I think you should get reason when it is out ;) A full review will be published here as soon as they give us a review copy.

Take care

Go to downloads.com and search for WAV editors/converters.. you'll find a cheap shareware to do your job I think.

Sound Forge does much more than what I described yeah so its a bit expensive :)

read carefully about reason man, that's gonna be an everyday discussion topic down here I feel! ;)

take care

While you guys are here, can I ask what your favorite software synths are?? I use rebirth coz my friend said he likes it a lot, but what is your guys favorite? Are there any ones that are more open and free then rebirth, like editing and cutting and miss matching other songs together like I mentioned in another thread??

Feel free to post a new thread in the "Software Synthesizers" section, your question will be more exposed :)

Hope all these info help you

DO I have the terms wrong?? Rebirth is a sythesior or no? I meant other program like that.. Sorry!

Oh don't worry man, I said this because we are getting q bit far from the title of this thread. I meant to tell you to feel free to post a new discussion topic especially for the last question you asked about the software synths :)

I like many soft synths, depending on what and how I want to use them... controlled with cubase VST or another sequencer: Dynamo (lite version of Reaktor), Reality, Gigasampler (sampler), VST synths. Standalone programs: Rebirth, Orion (i don't use this one too much though, but it looks good), Reason (soon!), Bozz (free! but hard to use).

For now, my favorites are:
Buzz, Reality and SynC Modular.

All are worth consideration though SynC Modular tend to "click" once in a while.

Programs like this (also Rebirth), can't convert MP3 to wav or things like that.
Cooledit 2000 and Soundforge does, and then you can use the new stuff in those programs.

Back