This Constant sound out my monitors is killing me!!!

iszazial

I have 2 behringer thruth b2030a monitors connected to my Mbox2 through usb to my computer.
also have a second sound card for listening to mp3. (soundblaster 16)

it seems that if i connect my monitors to either my mbox or the sound blaster there is that same constant hissing sound or somethimes the hissing sound with a quiet crackling.

doesn't get any louded when i use protools but it does get louded when i use FL studio.(<--- not what im really trying to get to though.)

when my computer is off any my monitors are on there is 0% noise, crackeling, or hiss comming from my monitors. (matter of fact i know someone else that has the same monitors and they get practly 0 noise out their monitors)

so considdering all this. I believe it is either 3 hings... My 2 sound cards have both the same problem(mbox2, and sb16; which i believe to be very unlikly) or there is some kind of issue with my firmware/drivers or some kind of settings in my bios or windows xp based configuration that i dont know about.

please help me
ive tried the digidesign help forums but its all based around protools and i dont get any extra noise with protools!

EXTRA thanks to the person that can conclude this problem for me!

its not a soundcard issue its a GROUNDING/powerline issue you need to buy something like a splitter or re configure your wiring and power surge situation.

Likely your audio devices are noisy or you're using bad cables.

Could be what was written in the previous post also.

word the best bet though is to avoid sharing the same outlet with your computer and monitors and using a good power supply alot of other little house hold things can cause the hum to just like televisions,and washers i use a APC ups 1400 and it works like a charm.

As Water Ave stated connect your Pc to a seperate outlet and check your cables. Don't run your power cables along side your audio cables, run them apart or perpendicular to each other. If your cable from your Mbox to monitors is a heavy gauge make sure it's not putting stress on the Mbox output connectors, try supporting them up with a tie wrap.

Back