Chopping Samples with FL Studio and Laptop Keyboard?

How do u do that... i mean its pretty hard for me to do this... i can chop but i cant seem to figure out the whole basics of it... care to shed some light on this one fellow fp members?

i making my beats with reason 5 + my mouse and my keyboard.. i have enough money for midi atm, but i will buy something soon :/

ontopic: if you are using FL, chop up sample, insert a FPC plugin, load the chops into them, and then play around with tabs and u should get your melody..

How do u do that... i mean its pretty hard for me to do this... i can chop but i cant seem to figure out the whole basics of it... care to shed some light on this one fellow fp members?

Here are some vintage FL Studio tutorials on chopping, slicing and triggering sounds with FL Slicer and Edison.

Chop&Slice Samples with Edison, FLSlicer to trigger samples
‪Chop&Slice Samples with Edison, FLSlicer to trigger samples‬‏ - YouTube

Snapping Slices in FL Studio Edison‏
‪Snapping Slices in FL Studio Edison‬‏ - YouTube

There are more on the channel also: ‪Chaîne de SampleSimple‬‏ - YouTube

Soundforge or Wavelab works pretty well for chopping audio. As far as sequencing chops, only you can answer that. There's no distinct way to do it.

^^ Wowwww.. I just started sampling not too long ago... those tutorial videos just made my life a LOT easier. Lol

Last edited:
In FL Studio can you assign the one-shots to individual keys on a laptop keyboard?
(Always wondered that.)

put the sample in edition, select chop, hit m key, hit enter, repeat, then drop into fruty slicer and you are good to go

Back