Can't Load MP3 Sample into Fruity Loops

menappi

I don't know what's wrong but I can't seem to load any MP3's into Edison/Slicer/Slicex. Only wavs load and when I try to drag and drop or 'load' an mp3 it just gives me a blank area with nothing..is there a setting or something I am missing.

Using FL9. Previously was on FL7 and dragging MP3s worked fine.

I think theres something wrong with your FL version,you should try installing another one cause dropping mp3s in Edison should work,

Try adding a new "audio sample" track into the sequencer. Then go to the sample window and click the folder button to load an mp3 into that audio track, it should be on the first tab of that small window.

Once you load it and it and fl finishes resampling it, you'll see a window at the bottom in that same window tab with a visual graphic of the soundwavs of your track, if you right click that, a menu comes up with options and you should click the edit option, then it should open it right up in edison. Hope this helps.

Jonathan.

Last edited:
Try adding a new "audio sample" track into the sequencer. Then go to the sample window and click the folder button to load an mp3 into that audio track, it should be on the first tab of that small window.

Once you load it and it and fl finishes resampling it, you'll see a window at the bottom in that same window tab with a visual graphic of the soundwavs of your track, if you right click that, a menu comes up with options and you should click the edit option, then it should open it right up in edison. Hope this helps.

Jonathan.

Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to work either. No matter what I do FL won't load the MP3. It used to work and when I would drag an Mp3 it would say something like 'decoding ***.mp3' with a progress bar. Now I load it and there's nothing..maybe I'm missing this 'decoder' or whatever it was that would convert it.

sounds like you have a "cracked" version to me.

I use 9 and just drag mp3's over to Edison and they open just fine.

I would recommend reinstalling fl studio then, something involved with the program is defected, may be a missing file, should be fixed once you reinstall it.

Jonathan.

Thanks everyone but I figured it out. It had nothing to do with Fruity loops as reinstalling it didn't do anything. I was having a few other OS problems and did a reformat and now my MP3's will load and convert fine. Thanks.

Same ****ing problem!

thanks everyone but i figured it out. It had nothing to do with fruity loops as reinstalling it didn't do anything. I was having a few other os problems and did a reformat and now my mp3's will load and convert fine. Thanks.

what did you do to fixx it. I'm hurt over here. Please help!

Back