can you convert CUE/BIN files in wav format?

.bin files (and the accompanied .cue files) are cd image files - not necessarily just audio cd's. basically it's the contents of a whole cd dumped into one file, be it other files, audio, video, etc. so no, i don't think it's possible to convert into audio straight away, however you can either burn a cd from the file or extract them otherwise (with daemon tools or likewise programs).

hey was up....yea i can listen to the files with daemon tools...but is there anyway i can dump into cool edit or something ? there like 200 sound samples and i need them real bad quick....let me know if u know how u can do this...laterz

you use a cd-burning program, like nero and then burn the cue. it'll then look at the bin and the cue will be burned (using "file"--> "burn image" or something along those lines) and then you'll have the cd with all the samples, just as it is in the retail version...

good luck....msg me if you need more help

[Shizo] said:

the man already knows his daemon tools, if you read what he said.

grkgeo, if it's a data cd (the samples are shown as wav files instead of cda, then you can just mount the bin with daemontools and copy the files to your hd. if it's an audio cd you can either burn it like boogie said or convert 'em to wav as you would do with a normal audio cd.

Heh true i didn't read. But i figured if he knew Daemon Tools he wouldn't be having any questions :0

what exactly are/is daemon tools? i'm not familiar with them...

You can copy a CD into a file (CD image) but you can't open this file unless you burn it on a blank CD.
This program virtually "mounts" the CD image file into a "virtual" cd drive, as if you burned this file onto a CD.
So basically it lets you open the CD image on your computer without having to burn it on a CD.

Back