buying records in london.....

buzzed

hi everyone...i would be visiting london,new castle and manchester in december....i am a new dj and would like to know of record stores in this places that cater for deep trance,trance and progresive trance, goa trance and progresive house on white label,perfecto,bedrock and hooj labels.

if anyone would liek to meet up with me and help me pick out my lot please mail me and ill tell you wehn we can meet up

thanx alot for the help...

p.s. are record bags available in the record shops for about 50 12" ?

-buzzed-

Wassup!

I'm originally from San Francisco, but I'm doing a study abroad here in London.

I spin funky/disco flavored house by the way. As for places to get records..let's see..

Some good stores I've visited:

Blackmarket Records (located off Oxford Street...this place has all the unreleased stuff first...can be a bit expensive, but you're paying for quality stuff thats not in the mainstream stores yet)

Kokon Te Zee (on Greek Street which is in Soho...helpful staff, good selection)

HMV, Virgin Megastore (vinyl here is generally cheaper than the more specialized stores...a wide range of styles to browse through)

Also, check out Berwick Street (right off Oxford St.)- they have a bunch of record stores all along the way

I'll post again when I can think of some more. Hope I was of help!

peace

thanx man ....

hey asura thanx man....that was such a big help now ill know where to get my stuff....but one more thing could i buy a bag rather then a box for my vinyls to be carried in as im going to be buying like 50 in my whole visit there and how much would a bag that could hold 50 cost and could i get it at the ecord stores or wherwe do i get them from ?

I'm glad to be of help!

As for bags, yeah a lot of stores carry them. They tend to vary in price though. The ones I've seen go for about 30-50 pounds. That turns out to be about 45-70 dollars or so.

Check out the sites of the record stores. They have sections where they display record bags and relates merchandise.

Back