BPM questions?

For boom bap I usually use 90 - 93. Set the swing to around 60% (if you don't know what that is google it and learn if you want to make boom bap). Here is an example of that technique I used here >>>> BENNY BLANCO FROM ( THE BAY) -FRIENDS - YouTube

Club is anywhere from 70 - 140 hahaha, all depends

Heatmakers is probably around 75 - 85. You set the hi hat to double your tempo to get that really fast hat like the heatmakers and many others.

Heatmakers is probably around 75 - 85. You set the hi hat to double your tempo to get that really fast hat like the heatmakers and many others.

They most often use alternating 1/8-1/16 or 1/8(3)-1/16(3) hihats. It has nothing to do with doubling the tempo. Although it gives it the feel/groove that it does.

No shit. I've always just clicked past those settings straight to the 1/32, that makes sense though now when I think of some heatmakers joints. Might have to mess with that technique now.

see if you can get your hands on a virtual dj program.... you can slap the music in it and it give u the bpm I got numark cue which seems to work for me and saves much time warping i can add that bmp into my daw... they still run out if not done on click but reduces by loads

Back