Boost the bass on my monitors?

erezhod

Hey.
I just got a brand new pair of KRK Rokit 6CL Limited Edition.
I really like them, but the bass is not that strong, is there a way to somehow boost it?

Thanks =]

you've missed the point of monitors.

The point of monitors is for their playback to be flat so it will sound right on other speakers. If you want more bass, put more bass in your song.

Kojak said:
you've missed the point of monitors.

The point of monitors is for their playback to be flat so it will sound right on other speakers. If you want more bass, put more bass in your song.

the Lo's on krk's suck, i know, i have them.

so do your mixes come out too bassy on other speakers?

If you guys wanted something that bumped, you shouldn't have gotten studio monitors, you should have gotten bose or something. Studio monitors aren't for just listening to music. They're flat so you get an accurate representation of your mixes without the coloring that home and car stereos add. It seems like you guys are complaining because your mixes aren't being colored.

dotn try and school me bruh, YOUR missing the point, the krks have ****ty lo ends, so you cant tell if your bass is hitting or not, gosh, read his damn post.

J-Barz said:
dotn try and school me bruh, YOUR missing the point, the krks have ****ty lo ends, so you cant tell if your bass is hitting or not, gosh, read his damn post.

STFU
Let others who know what they are talking about answer the question

I think my Tannoy Reveals are too bassy....its always very strong.

I'm not sure whether thats because of my amp or mixer though...

Maybe you want to look into Tannoy's range, they a sort of mid priced. Persoannly I want some ADAM monitors.

really! krk's are the boomiest phuckin monitors out! if you don't have any bass comin out of those things, it probably has more to do with your room treatment than anything. the rockit series is far from flat, they are aimed at noobs who want 'bangin ass speakers son!'. why do you think you get those loud ass monitors for such a cheap price? because they aren't good "monitors". thats why. look at your room treatment and positioning compared to where you are sitting. i bet if you get up and walk around that room, somewhere in that room is a pocket of rockin bass that sounds like the back of someone's Lac. i bet you. experiment with thier placement and look into treating your room for proper monitoring. again, rockit's are boomy as phuck! if you don't hear the bass comin out of them, it's because of where you have them placed and what you do or don't have on the walls.
LevLove

https://www.sweetwater.com/c673--Complete_Room_Systems
and why would you want to boost the bass on your speakers.... either you instrumental is bassy or not... but yeah I treated my room a long time ago and it made a world of difference.... now everything is off the wall and in a closet once I moved and now the second room is my daughter room... so I just make beats now no recording....

LevLover said:
i bet if you get up and walk around that room, somewhere in that room is a pocket of rockin bass that sounds like the back of someone's Lac. i bet you. experiment with thier placement and look into treating your room for proper monitoring.

This is right...

and also interesting becuase I found with my monitors the bass is loud everywhere except directly infront of them. I think they are suposed to be nearfield reference monitors but I expected them to be sort of clear and clinical. I found that on tracks where the bass is good and controlled (Jay Dee's "Detroit's Finest") the bass really flourished...whilst, when playing a lot of rock some of the bass sounded really muddy.

I am wondering whether my monitors are truly 'revealing' the mix to me or whether the shape, size and material of my room is affecting the stereo mix. Like I said, if you are parallel with the front of the monitors, everything isgreat and very clear....further to the side things start to get a bit 'boomy.'

I have no treatment in my room but I do have carpet and curtains...though I have a lot of hard surfaces all over the place.

Is the general consensus that you will get a clearer sound with a flatter room? Would my problems with bass be helped?

Last edited:
LostProfit said:
This is right...

and also interesting becuase I found with my monitors the bass is loud everywhere except directly infront of them. I think they are suposed to be nearfield reference monitors but I expected them to be sort of clear and clinical. I found that on tracks where the bass is good and controlled (Jay Dee's "Detroit's Finest") the bass really flourished...whilst, when playing a lot of rock some of the bass sounded really muddy.

I am wondering whether my monitors are truly 'revealing' the mix to me or whether the shape, size and material of my room is affecting the stereo mix. Like I said, if you are parallel with the front of the monitors, everything isgreat and very clear....further to the side things start to get a bit 'boomy.'

I have no treatment in my room but I do have carpet and curtains...though I have a lot of hard surfaces all over the place.

Is the general consensus that you will get a clearer sound with a flatter room? Would my problems with bass be helped?
yea, a properly treated room goes a long way in gettin an accurate sound. every room is different, but if you treat it properly, and place your monitors properly, then you should only have to get to know the monitors themselves and how they translate over to other systems.
LevLove

Back