Bohdran

Storm

I am looking for a Bohdran sample to use in a project.
I am in Germany and Bohdrans are not such a popular instrument here.

If anyone has ever recorded a Bohdran sample that I could use let me know.

Please do not reply with a "well, record your Nomos album.." or something stupid. It a serious project and I need full rights to use it.

Thanks all
:cheers:

A bodhran is just an irish frame drum. You could really just use any frame drum. A tamborine with out jingles might even do the trick (it wouldn't be quite the same, but with eq,reverb,etc... it should sound fairly decent)
Or you could probably just use a tom and play with it a bit.

If you can find a bohran solo on Napster or something you could take a sample of one or 2 hits. I know you said you don't want to do something like that. But if it's just one hit you take, it's ok. Well, I don't know about the legality, actually. But there's no possible way to tell you got the sample that way... A bodhran sounds like a bodhran, no matter where you get the sound from. So if you sample just one hit and change it for accents and stuff, you'll be fine

but if you don't want to do that anyway,
I'm sure you could easily find a bodhran in Germany. You can get them easy here in the US. But, like I said, any frame drum should easily do the trick.

Thank you for your reply.
And yes, it is possible to buy a bohdran in Germany, however, I am from Canada working in Germany and would prefer to find a better option than buying a bohdran for one sample and haul it home. I was wondering if anyone had one or would be willing to sample one for me. I have tried altering a tom sound, but the nuances of the sound made from your hand applied to the back of the skin is so subtle that I can't recreate it. (I am using Reason....great product, but I haven't figured out a way to get a great facsimile from it)

Yes, I have many Irish CDs with me, but I know my copyright laws.

I will just have to wait until I get back to the Great White North. I can smell some Tim Horton's brewing...

Back