Best place to share your work?

decent trap

decent trap & more
Hey guys what you think where is the best place for starting producer to share music? I mean yes SoundCloud, but anything else as good as that?

Hi Decent Trap,

I would say SoundCloud is a good place to start, especially if you want to share your music with your friends. Making a Youtube channel with your music is also a great way to get started! Otherwise, you can use social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.). If you're looking to make a profit, I would recommend starting with a website like BeatStars.com or Airbit.com. You can also make money through streaming your music on Spotify, iTunes, or AmazonMusic by using Distrokid.com.

I hope this helps!

LJC

Hey guys what you think where is the best place for starting producer to share music? I mean yes SoundCloud, but anything else as good as that?

Hi Decent Trap,

A great way of getting yourself out-there is by having a website. It creates a powerful basis for everything related to your music, this gives a great advantage as not many up-and-coming producers have a website. They only have a SoundCloud. But what happens when someone wants to look you up? They heard your name somewhere but if they google you what do they find? Most likely nothing, this is where VERY many potential listeners are lost, because they try and find you, but cannot. And that stops RIGHT there, they are not going to go any further than just googling your name, because nobody is willing to actually put the effort into finding you if you do not have a website. Many producers/ Artists start gaining more widespread attention when they are in an interview or post music videos on youtube because it creates something that someone can click on.. that is you... this continues the search and makes it more likely for them to find your SoundCloud. imagine how many steps could be reduced with having your own website. This was not meant to be an Ad but I happen to be a web developer I am working on building my portfolio and would like to offer you a free website design. This website would include the design of 4 free pages and coding of the website. Domain and Hosting would not be included. Domains a relatively cheap ($20 Annually) and Hosting is a monthly fee. Don't let these small fees scare you off as this is a FREE website design worth well over $300 and these fees come with any website. Not to mention that this is a huge step for you in sharing your music and getting yourself out there! Using websites, BeatStars.com and Artbit.com, or streaming your music through Spotify, iTunes, or AmazonMusic is a great idea! Just remember that it is also extremely important to have a place where people can find you.

Good luck! And let me know if you consider my offer,

SN

Last edited:
I dont think there is a right answer, this is a rat race that producers are competing for a chance to be noticed

The only thing you can do is think of all your options and explore them

network as much as you can. be helpful to to others and let them promote your work for you. i am not in the song selling game so am not qualified to advise here but from the viewpoint of a professional that works in the back-end of the industry networking is the best way forward. there are countless places you can showcase your music so blag it as much as you can

best of luck

You need to find people who play similar music to what you make. Then you need to try extremely hard to get them to hear your track. And, that your track is good, playable by them. Be focused and target specifically.

Unless you have other means of drawing people to your page, SoundCloud is basically a waste of time. In most cases all it will do is show how 'unpopular' you are. It's not even useful as a player anymore, people can play a file directly shared to them via the link of most uploads.

...and Soundcloud is starting to pay the artists....finally...thank you music modernization act, or maybe it was the new leadership that pushed for this.. but ya, Soundcloud may have more promise for artists now. It's always been good for exposure and music sharing, but now it's a profitable venture as well.

Last edited:
To get started SoundCloud is a good option, because of the Premiere Feature.
YouTube should really be a no-brainer (2nd largest search engine).
But what a lot of music producers are sleeping on is streaming. Upload your stuff on Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, etc. You can use digital distributors like Distrokid (19$/year for unlimited music) or Amuse.io (free unlimited distribution to all the digital platforms).
The next step would be to build a website & post your music on Social Media (Instagram, IGTV, Twitter).

Last edited:
Back