Best ever! PLEASE Sticky!

EaZe said:
I agree!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: "mmmm..... beeeeer"

the other day someone asked me how to get acapella's, so I told him to google it. The next day I'm gettin pm's from this kid askin me to SEND him a specific acapella. :mad:WTF!:mad:
i get stuff like that all the time. I have a dude who has been pmin me, sendin me myspace and yim messages askin me what pro tools is. he doesnt get it when I ignore him its for a reason

HE thinks it is because you are not reading/not getting his IMs. ^^

Last edited:
Sqito said:
HE thinks it is because you are not reading/not getting his IMs. ^^
i do read them then i think ok wtf look it up this is what google is for stop being lazy and close it without a response

even on myspace u can see that i read it and didnt respond fp is like htat too if u dotn get the hint i dont know what to tell u

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
even on myspace u can see that i read it and didnt respond fp is like htat too if u dotn get the hint i dont know what to tell u
No, I wasn't trying to say anything. ^^
Just that the guy keeps asking, you not telling. HE (Spoonie) thinks "why is he not answering?" and keeps asking till his fingers hurt.
while you think "go figure by yourself", and he does not get it. hmm

sorta. ^^

PrinceOfDarkness said:
Spoonies:
phot_food1.jpg

Newbies:
Lee_manual.gif

:cry: :cry: :cry:

...............lol :D

:rolleyes:

this is a useless post, we get it, your not cool with people who ask questions you think are too simple. cool. thanks for letting us know.

2leji2quit said:
this is a useless post, we get it, your not cool with people who ask questions you think are too simple. cool. thanks for letting us know.
They can be as simple as how to open a window.
If a "veteran" spots laziness about searching how to figure out how to open the window though... you get the picture

2leji2quit said:

No, it seems you don't get it. The point I was making was that there are some threads of conversation, and some questions which make no sense whatsover, and usually indicate a "spoonie" attitude.

Usually they go along the lines of something like "I just got me a Triton, can NE tell me how to wurk it?" or "What can do with Reasons?"

Then there are the ever-present questions like "What's better, MIDI or Pro Tools?" or "How do I plug up my MPC to my keyboar so I can make a full beet?"

If this site were called "Future Mathematics Teachers", some of these conversations would go like this:

Spoonie: "Wassup my FMT peeps? OK I bin making maths for like 2 months now, and the only thang that gets me is like what's a 2 for?"

Actual Math Teacher: "Uhh, that's basic stuff you should have known as of about 1rst grade ... you really need to get a good grasp simple numbers."

Spoonie: "Hey shut up mayn, if you don't know don't answer!"

AMT: "I do know, and you really just need to learn your numbers before anything else."

Spoonie: "I know all about numbers and ish, don't clown. I jus wanna know like with 2 can u add and like that?"

AMT: "Of course you can. It's a number!"

Spoonie: "Oh, so like what are some good numbers to add with it, 'cuz I got a algebra paper due tomorrow."

Last edited by a moderator:
dansgold said:
If this site were called "Future Mathematics Teachers", some of these conversations would go like this:

Spoonie: "Wassup my FMT peeps? OK I bin making maths for like 2 months now, and the only thang that gets me is like what's a 2 for?"

Actual Math Teacher: "Uhh, that's basic stuff you should have known as of about 1rst grade ... you really need to get a good grasp simple numbers."

AMT: "I do know, and you really just need to learn your numbers before anything else."

Spoonie: "I know all about numbers and ish, don't clown. I jus wanna know like with 2 can u add and like that?"

Spoonie: "Oh, so like what are some good numbers to add with it, 'cuz I got a math paper due tomorrow."

OMG that was priceless :cheers:

MASSIVE Mastering said:
Precisely why I turned *off* PM'ing. :cool:
if i didnt actually use the feature id turn it off too

dansgold said:
No, it seems you don't get it. The point I was making was that there are some threads of conversation, and some questions which make no sense whatsover, and usually indicate a "spoonie" attitude.

Usually they go along the lines of something like "I just got me a Triton, can NE tell me how to wurk it?" or "What can do with Reasons?"

Then there are the ever-present questions like "What's better, MIDI or Pro Tools?" or "How do I plug up my MPC to my keyboar so I can make a full beet?"

Spoonie: "Oh, so like what are some good numbers to add with it, 'cuz I got a algebra paper due tomorrow."
I just choked on my cider this is classic

Last edited:
Here's a thought.....

I joined FP waaaaaay back under a different name years ago. I had the same attitude as Dansgold except I've actually seen Dansgold help out waaaaaaaaaay more newbies than I ever did. Hell I spent most of my time on FP talkin' shyt to lazy ass newbies/spoonies....and then I got banned.

If you really have a problem with newbs...spunes.....whatever....

My advice would be to ignore them. I don't even visit the getting started forum anymore because I have no reason to. In fact I'm only in this thread because of the title....I mean can you blame me?

This thread has all the potential in the world to be a waste, and it WILL become a waste if you all just sit back bytchin' about how "You must be a spoonie if you don't like this thread. If you really want to be helpful, here's an idea.....

STOP BYTCHIN' AT PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT GEAR IS IN JUST BLAZE'S OR DRE'S STUDIO.

There's absolutely zero reason to bash someone for wanting to know how Jazze Pha gets his sound. I'm still a victim of gear lust..I may not get my nut off by what's in whoever's studio, but I'm still fascinated. Why aren't you? Sure skill outweighs the tools, but those little bright lights and twisty knobs....geez!

There's zero reason to laugh at some newbie who really does have a sincere interest in production, but has a hard time getting around the technology.

The amount of time it takes for some of you to bash these newbs/spoons.....man you could spend those 2 minutes working on your own "getup".....or you could simply ignore the little bastids and use those 2 minutes helping someone who deserves the assistance.

Last edited:
OsamaPigLatin said:
Here's a thought.....

I joined FP waaaaaay back under a different name years ago. I had the same attitude as Dansgold except I've actually seen Dansgold help out waaaaaaaaaay more newbies than I ever did. Hell I spent most of my time on FP talkin' shyt to lazy ass newbies/spoonies....and then I got banned.

If you really have a problem with newbs...spunes.....whatever....

My advice would be to ignore them. I don't even visit the getting started forum anymore because I have no reason to. In fact I'm only in this thread because of the title....I mean can you blame me?

This thread has all the potential in the world to be a waste, and it WILL become a waste if you all just sit back bytchin' about how "You must be a spoonie if you don't like this thread. If you really want to be helpful, here's an idea.....

STOP BYTCHIN' AT PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT GEAR IS IN JUST BLAZE'S OR DRE'S STUDIO.

There's absolutely zero reason to bash someone for wanting to know how Jazze Pha gets his sound. I'm still a victim of gear lust..I may not get my nut off by what's in whoever's studio, but I'm still fascinated. Why aren't you? Sure skill outweighs the tools, but those little bright lights and twisty knobs....geez!

There's zero reason to laugh at some newbie who really does have a sincere interest in production, but has a hard time getting around the technology.

The amount of time it takes for some of you to bash these newbs/spoons.....man you could spend those 2 minutes working on your own "getup".....or you could simply ignore the little bastids and use those 2 minutes helping someone who deserves the assistance.
i would ignore them if they didnt chase me down lol

I even consider myself as a newb at some regions. Just like Xab. We sound all elligible sometimes. But know ish about stuff other people know.
Just like pro mastering engineers thinking they know ish about how computers work btw... flame on.

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
i would ignore them if they didnt chase me down lol

I hear you man. I stopped that long ago. Became a truly ig'nant bastid, and never gave a damn about posting music.

When they think you have nothing to offer...you can just sit back and take in the knowledge of others, and something they'll even answer things you've never thought of asking. Anyway, I find it real easy to ignore leechers...many of PM's went unanswered.

Last edited:
OsamaPigLatin said:
Here's a thought.....
... There's zero reason to laugh at some newbie who really does have a sincere interest in production, but has a hard time getting around the technology. ...
{I added the bolface and underlining}

That's the real focus: sincerety.

You can look at it another way: Sincerety can be accurately judged by the degree to which someone asks even marginally sensible questions which indicate that they are here to learn vs. the degree to which they ask stupid-a$$ stuff that indicates they have no intention of ever even trying to learn anything, but demand instant answers to questions which make no sense.

OsamaPigLatin said:

LOL! the hell did you do to get your ass banned?

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Damn... thats classic.

Back