BeatTips Manual - By Sa'id "Your ticket to evolving your hip hop production skills!"

I mean not to be pecimistic but $30 for a paperback book seems like alot to me, but I am interested in buying it. could someone tell me how many pages it has?

infradead said:
is it a real book with binding and everything?

how'd it put together?

gold staples ;) (joke)

Lmao rofl. referring to the price i certanly would say so and another thing 67 pages isn't much room for a lot of info. why my Simcity manual is more then 67 pages.

Seriously though Sa'id sounds like a really cool guy.

Yo for real this manual helps all. It has a concious and well thought out breakdown of how to use a campler/sequencer as well as a feel tricks to help you get to that sound you hear inside your head. Well planned out to, most manuals mke your read how to map sounds out on the machine befor they tell you how to get sounds into the machine. Any help thats good help can only make you a better producer. hit' em up and cop one.
word

it sounds like a lot of money but you can ask this guy anything i have personally been in contact with this guy and he has answered many questions for me. so for like 25 bucks you get this great manual plus you can ask all the questions you want and if Sa'id has the answer he'll definatly let you know. what you need to do is ask your self do i really need those extra 40's or do i need some knowledge.

from what i've heard i want to get a copy...

also mano says the cd that comes with it is bumping....

i just wasted all my money on a mixer so i'm broke for awhile though :)

DaOriginalBlade said:
Ya the cd is tight. It's a sampler for Sa'idz upcoming album. Some bangin tracks.

Definitely. I am a fan and can't wait to get my hands on the album. He is working on it right now. Props to Sa'id

I did purchase the book and it was definitely full of behind the scene info. And I did learn from the piece. I would recommend it to anyone makin beats!

What up!

I just wanna describe my experience with Sa'id.

I am a complete newbie to beat making and I don't even have any equipment yet. At first I decided to do some research and asked Sa'id some questions through email about future gear purchases. He always replied quickly and gave me a lot of valuable and in depth responses. Just for his time and effort, I decided to check out his book and bought "BeatTips Manual". The book was very informative about all sorts of aspects of music production. Because I am so new to this, I cannot comment on his technical tips, but there are plenty.

I don't think anybody, whether just starting or with some experience, will be disappointed with his book and his willingness to help.

Peace

beatTips is bible for the new up comming producer and season vet, check it out you'll find out some very usefull tool and tips!

What up.
Wanted to share email feedbacks that I've been gettin' about the BeatTips Manual.
-------
Subject: Superchamponline.com - Contact Us Form
It was submitted by ...(Jay) on: Thursday, February, 12, 2004 at
18:11:13
message: "I thought you book was going to be your average how to book, I was wrong. It was well worth the money. I think it should be required text at every school, trade school, and any other music training facilities. Keep up the good work. I would have saved thousands if I had this book earlier.
Peace."

If you have any questions, send me an email or call me.

one

Sa'id
beattips@aol.com
(718)272-4202, (917) 270-2005

Click here to buy the BeatTips Manual and to listen to some of my music.

Yea, I finally read the whole thing. I've always learned and picked up things better by working with other producers and the manual is almost like watching another producer do his thing on his own setup. Even though you don't have the same set up as him you still pick up a lot of tips that you can use. Thats cool cuz a lot of producer will give general tips but keep THEIR techniques to themselves, he shares his.And even if you don't agree with sa'id's oppinions all of the basic principles he exspresses are the things that producing should be about. And he's a student of hip-hop which in my oppinion you HAVE to be to be a decent producer. And The sampler he includes give you a real good idea how he applies all his "Beat Tips" when He makes his beats.

Pase said:
Yea, I finally read the whole thing. I've always learned and picked up things better by working with other producers and the manual is almost like watching another producer do his thing on his own setup. Even though you don't have the same set up as him you still pick up a lot of tips that you can use. Thats cool cuz a lot of producer will give general tips but keep THEIR techniques to themselves, he shares his.And even if you don't agree with sa'id's oppinions all of the basic principles he exspresses are the things that producing should be about. And he's a student of hip-hop which in my oppinion you HAVE to be to be a decent producer. And The sampler he includes give you a real good idea how he applies all his "Beat Tips" when He makes his beats.

I agree, This Manual is packed with alot of helpful information. I definitely liked how he explains things with no BS technical talk. He gets right down to it and also reminds everyone how important it is to study the past to get ahead in the future.

My only small complaints about this manual are that it lacks a hardcover so it could be better protected but other than that i say the info is definitely worth it. Plus his CD sampler is nice 3 Tracks of his upcoming CD.

-RADA Tha RebeliouZ-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back