BeatTips Manual - By Sa'id "Your ticket to evolving your hip hop production skills!"

DaOriginalBlade

You're Forgiven
BeatTips Manual - By Sa'id "Your ticket to evolving your hip hop production skills!"

For all you new guys, and experienced alike, be sure to check out the BeatTips manual created and written by Sa'id. It has all the tangibles needed to evolve your hip hop producing skills to new heights, layed out and easy to understand. All told from producers prespective who started out JUST LIKE YOU! Not being totally informed on gear, and just the business in general he learned thru trials and tribulations. He explains all his stories in this book as well as TONS of beatmaking techniques.

Intended for hip hop lovers, at the end of the day all the tips can be applied to any style of music . There are many great sections including one on music theory that'll teach you how to listen to various songs from various times, and break them down in order to infleunce and better your own skills. Theres one that touches on the different styles of hip hop production which is highly debated today, we all know the synth vs sampled thing. One of the most intune sections is one that explains in detail the secrets of how to get "put on". Tips, tips and more tips.

I have a copy myself and have nothing but good things to say about it. You will NOT regret this purchase. Sa'id is a very very trustworthy, talented, and nice guy that put it all in this book. He also allows followup after you buy. E-mail, phone calls.. whatever, he can and WILL help! You can cop the manual thru www.superchamponline.com It's only 25 bucks! Check out "FP frontman" mano's FULL review https://www.futureproducers.com/article.php/id/1 , it goes into more detail on actual manual contents.

Last edited:
nice review blade!!

you're making me wish i hadn't bought the last two harry potter books...
(hey its a good series OK!)

infradead said:
nice review blade!!
Thanks, I DO have a way with words. haha, j/k. I did this one for my boy considering people still fail to remember FP has a front page (and MORE) and its not just a forum.

Harry Potter?? Come on now... Montana cant be THAT bland where you have to resort to Potter fairy tales! heh But you and everyone else should get this book for real, nuthin to lose... a whole lot to gain!

Yea, I second what Blade said. It is a great book. It explains everything from choosing gear to setting everything up to programming beats to marketing your music. A real good book, certiainly worth the small price. Read it at least five times thoroughly.

Yeah Im a check that out too Blade. Thanks for the info.

P.S. Alicia is still mine!

So I was interested in pickin' up the book so I dropped Sa'id a e-mail with a few questions and dude got back at me right away with some pretty usefull info. I thought that was pretty cool cuz most cats don't get back to you too fast. This guy seems pretty on point.

yeah no doubt, i picked it up a lil while ago. read it already, but i'm on my second time around with it. you will not be dissapointed there is much knowledge in it. got a sampler cd with it, has some hott tracks.

I just ordered the book by Bob Katz, do y'all think this is a good book to get in addition to that?

aight, preciate that folk. I'm a go ahead and scoop that on my next check.

I HOPE people dont think FP is just the forums!!! Theres a TON more.. make SURE to check outt he frontpage daily and the rest also

Great review btw

Said's CD is in my car still (The demo one that comes with the book), he definitely has great tracks.

-mano

I got my copy a few days ago. Read it same day, and the next amd the next. It's like my fourth time. Such a useful resource. I'm a very new beginner and had I not got the book, I'd have spent all my savings on equiptment I dont need. Sa'id explains about what gear you need and you don't need to be techincal. It's plain simple everyday english. thats what I find brilliant about the book. The books not just for begginers to. I'm sure there's a few handy tips that even the experienced proudcer will appreciate. Sa'id himself is a brilliant resource. As one of you guys mentioned, he doesn't waste time when answering a question. I email him at night when i'm on the net. When I check my inbox in the morning, I have a response. What I like about this guy is he really does wanna help. He wants the industry to grow. He wants people to succeed. he doesnt just want you to buy his book to make money. The whole fell of the book is like he's guiding you as far as even setting up your own production company. So if your serious about producing and you want to get some serious advice on all aspects, get the BeatTips manual. Oh and the cd samplers in my car too. Loving it. I think West London got a taste of Sa'id as i roll by, windows down, speakers pumpin and bassbox THUMPIN!!!!
AS MENTIONED THE REVIEW ( AT PRESENT) IS ON THE FRONT PAGE. MANO DID A GET JOB ON THAT. GOOD WORK. AND GOOD WORK TO ALL THAT RECOGNISED THE POTENTIAL ON THE MANUAL.

Kid $olo

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that sampler cd has some straight up eastcoast flava. love that first track.

This looks like it will be another book i purchase for my music library

www.mpc-tutor.com got a EBook coming out soon too that covers the MPC 2000XL

The website is informative with tutorials so i am looking forward
to this one also

Yeah, and Sai'd is a pretty cool dude. He the only cat on here that could answer a question i had on selling your cd's in stores.

2 manuals to definetly check out!

One

Quick question. For those that have it how long did it take to get to you from the time you ordered?

I am in UK, and it took about 7 days, but that includes the weekend, so 5 business days. But it will probably be less for you because you are in America.

Back