Back from Black

alexis9000

Hey, this is Alexis Fernandes (alexis9000) which used to don't visit this forum too often, but you know what? That was because I was in a very desperate and frustrating situation, I always tried to make music the most ways possible, but it never seemed to work for me. BUT...last year (2018) I bought a Novation Launchpad, and from that day on, EVERYTHING just changed. I'm making more music not only in the Launchpad but also in other softwares and I feel more motivated than I've ever been before. I've got already enough music for 2 albums from me (Alex Amarelo is my artistic name, since I'm a singer as well and I'm on Spotify in case you don't know), didn't launch the 1st one yet but I already recorded half of the 1st album songs, this week I'm gonna record all the others so that in the end of this month I'll have all songs ready to go for a CD launch and re-upload to Spotify.

These are my goals in a near future:

1) Launch the 1st album after recording the rest of the music
2) Go to FNAC Madeira (a regional FNAC around here in my island) and showcase my CD and if needed perform around 4 or 5 songs
3) Start recording for 2nd album after the 1st one is realeased
4) Starting giving shows in my island, and outside as well if possible (with help of Gigmit.com)
5) See if the show that I give outside my island is worth giving, if I receive some $$$ or not :cool:
6) If yes, keep doing shows outside and inside as well. If not, I'll probably stick with shows in my region.

What do you guys think of this plan? :)

P.S: If you want, you can explore my Soundcloud. I have instrumentals there and I'll probably use almost all of them for my singing --> alexis9000 | Alexis Fernandes | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Hey, yes, my experience is similar, sometimes constraining to a simpler setup and exploring it well can be more creative.

By any chance, are you Portuguese? I'm originally from a place near Lisbon (currently in the UK)

Back