<Attention> Photos of a Vocal Booth im building (Your Advice Needed)

S

SMOOTH POETIKS

Hi every one i have been checking out this message board for a while and reckon there is some dope information on some post's also a little bit of hating but what do expect. Anyways im Smooth Poetiks and im an up and coming Emcee/(learning) Producer from Sydney, Australia....Whats Up my Fellow Heads !

The reason why i need you help is that i am building a vocal/recording booth in my garage out back and need to know if im moving in the right direction....there has been heaps of reasearch put into this project so i am just following my instinct or my jedi force...hahhaah

here is the info :-

Room Size : 264 x 172 (2.6 x 172 metres)

Windows : There is a split beam or stud whatvere you call it cause its need for extra support.....Window 1 : 89 x 110 and Window 2 : 79 x 110

Framing is on the corner wall is hard wood studs and the other small wall and window area is metal studs (note its and a renovation of a old garage..pretty good job ha ?)

There is thick special sound proofing insulation in the walls. its called sound screen i think ?...damn the **** was expensive.

The actual walls are 1.5 cm thick MDF or chipboard panels..what ever you call it.

here's a couple of photos to get an idea:

phto00258ez.jpg

the insulation

phto00284di.jpg

now what i was also worried about was that are the window sections to big ?
there gonna be done with lamnated glass with the inside window on an angel facing down with foam in between the gap

Plus what im gonna be adding to the walls is gyprock or sheet rock on top of the walls with a 1 cm gap inside for sound to be traped(small air space).The Booth will then be finished off with acoustic foam covering the walls and ceiling.

Well i guess thats about it for about now....your knowlegde and advice will be much apricated

Peace

Smooth Poetiks

Last edited by a moderator:
you'd prolly get more responses in the "Studio Design / Construction / Acoustics" section..

But welcome to FP..I havent been to the Ozzhiphop boards in ages..

That booth looks awesome..I acant really think of anything to add...other than to ask: how do you plan on running all the cables for ur mics?

Well that souldnt be a problem i will be adding a plugin box section in time.

You been to ozhiphop.com ha ? I tend to avoid that site cause it get addictive, i guess like all message boards.

By the way thanx for the welcome brother its good to be here .

Peace

Back