The Arrival of a Maniac

Maniac_Magee

Hello to all. No one will probably read this and that is fine. I just wanted to formally introduce myself to this site. My stage name is Maniac Magee (qc): the (qc) is for legal purposes. I'm 21 years young, and lord willing I will see 22 in September. I'm from Charlotte nc. I am ecstatic that I found this website. I am a rapper, singer, and aspiring producer. I've been reading through theses forums and I've noticed that this is a community that I soon hope to be apart of. I appreciate every post on here seeing that you guys reveal secrets that most artist' keep for selves. I have been writing music since 8 years old and I recently started making beats because the process of finding beats for my style was very frustrating. I use to make all my music on an iPad but I have maxed out its potential. As of right now I'm working three jobs (Ups, converges, and RGIS) in order to save up for a MacBook Pro , and a midi, to expand my sound in another DAW (preferably Pro tools). Right now I'm working on an album, all songs from scratch. At this time i dont want to reveal the name. I have no beats yet made for this album but I do have concepts. I get off at 10 o'clock pm everyday from ups where I unload trucks, I use that time to brainstorm and keep mental tabs from anything to melodies to song title concepts. Once I get off I then write heart felt lyrics to a metronome. Not bout ****in hoes, and smoking dank all day but real shit I'm sure majority of people no matter the race or genre can relate to. I do that from bout 10:30 pm till 3:00am and then I watch youtube videos/tutorials of pro tools all the way down to watching jay z record 99 problems with RRubin. This routine isn't something that was just sparked by some sort of inspiration it's always been there but I played collegiate basketball so I didn't have the time to do this music thing as I wanted. You could only imagine doing 2 a days, working, traveling and finding time to do music. Sorry for that rabbit trail but I will be posting very helpful tutorials and techniques that helped me along this journey. Sorry for any typos but I pulled an all nighter and I just wanted to formally introduce myself. So if you read all of this I appreciate you. I will be active on this site. Thanks again.

Indeed I do. I'm a bit hesitant to put out old work seeing tht I progressed so much from the last album. But you free to YouTube "Maniac MaGee the mile run"on YouTube that'swork made about two years ago. I come so far from my previous beat making, delivery, as well as content.

I'm sure it didn't but I was in the mood and I was more so doing this for me as my first post and one day I will look back at my start. That was more so a public vent session/introduction.

I'm sure it didn't but I was in the mood and I was more so doing this for me as my first post and one day I will look back at my start. That was more so a public vent session/introduction.
OK. I'll have you know that I stopped reading after the second sentence. The entire post has the whole wall of text thing going on which makes it hard to read.

Anyway, welcome to the board and good luck to you in your endeavors.

OK. I'll have you know that I stopped reading after the second sentence. The entire post has the whole wall of text thing going on which makes it hard to read.

Anyway, welcome to the board and good luck to you in your endeavors.

yeah I figured no one would read it it was just me going on a rabbit trail going off no sleep. It was more personal. I just felt it needed to be written. But thanks allot man I will be posting helpful tutorials in the future that involve less writing lol but thanks again good luck to you as well

Listened to rise and grind. Sounds dope homie even if it is some old ish. like the flow bro fo sho! ha.

Really wish I did I've only been writing for two years and learning about production for 1 year. I made the newbie mistake of not backing up any of my files and lost six of my finished songs so everything is back to a work in progress. Theres only one song thats been completely finsihed but im not releasing it yet.

Ahh man I know that hurt but it will make you better. Good luck mane

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

lol i read most of your post and i wish you good luck

Lol preciate it man. Good look to you as well.

yeah I figured no one would read it it was just me going on a rabbit trail going off no sleep. It was more personal. I just felt it needed to be written. But thanks allot man I will be posting helpful tutorials in the future that involve less writing lol but thanks again good luck to you as well

Nah, type as much as you want fam, just press the enter button every now and then, lol.

I saw the youtube vids and what's crazy is I saw one of those vids before (where everyone in the room was rapping) but can't remember where. But it was good music, fam.

Yo I know exactly what video your talking bout. That was back at school man I'm glad you appreciate the music it's my constant bro.

Back