Is Anyone Using Tunecore Or Have Any Review Of It

Verinus

Hello,

It's been a few months now since Tunecore has launched and I have not found many reviews or more specifically user stories about them online. If you have used them to get your music on iTunes can you please tell me how it went? Have they paid you? What was your overall experience?

Anyone have any inside information about the company other than what they have on their website? It sounds like a great service but I want to be 100% sure things are going smooth with the company before I put several albums online with them.

This is their website:
http://www.tunecore.com/

Thanks for any new information!

Hey Verinus,

I have to of my albums on iTunes by way of Tunecore. It's been up on iTunes now for about a week and some days. That being said, I've not gotten any money from iTune sales yet. I wish I could get something from iTunes to see how many people listen to my music on the iTunes site. Something like a report. I also have links to my iTune store on my website. Check it out when you can. www.kaiwen.com

I didn't have any problems with Tunecore and I'm glad I found them. They are by far the easiest way to get your music on to iTunes other than CD-baby. I need to get the traffic going to my website so that people will start going to the iTune store. I also have it setup so people can buy my tracks from my site using paypal. Even with that I'm not selling anything yet. It's up there, but the people just aren't feeling me like that yet. It's cool. One day I hope to reap the rewards of the all the hard work I'm putting into my music. I sell CD's out the trunk also. I have lots of friends who support me, plus family who will buy a CD here and there.

I have my music on all of the iTune stores that I could going through Tunecore. I thought that iTunes was the same all over the world, but Tunecore got me hip to how iTunes works. I've never purchased a track of iTunes, so I didn't know about the different iTune store. I hope the music lovers from other countries are more open to the music I have up on iTunes than the folks here in the US. Time will tell. I'll have to check you out. If you have a website send me a link and I'll link to you on my website.

Regards,

Kai Wen
www.kaiwen.com

Last edited:
Hi Kai,

Thanks for the information. Im glad to hear from someone who has started with them and the music did actually end up on iTunes...

I checked out your stuff on iTunes... nice production allthough too mellow for my taste I can appreciate it for sure!

Where are you from?

Good luck!

Anyone else have any info on Tunecore.com ??

I've just heard about it but I'm going to give it a try, I'll let you know how it goes, sounds like a good idea.

Verinus said:
Hi Kai,

Thanks for the information. Im glad to hear from someone who has started with them and the music did actually end up on iTunes...

I checked out your stuff on iTunes... nice production allthough too mellow for my taste I can appreciate it for sure!

Where are you from?

Good luck!

Anyone else have any info on Tunecore.com ??

Hey Verinus,

Thanks for checking out my music man. Holler at me if you want me add a link to your website from mine man. We got to stick together.

I'm from Tallahassee, Florida. You might need to check into Tunecore man. I'm happy I found them. I can't tell if I've sold any music yet, but at least it's out there for the world iTune listeners to see and hopefully buy.

Good luck with your music man.

Peace,
Kai Wen
www.kaiwen.com

Hey guys,

I know this is an old post Verinus, so hopefully you have been able to get some of your questions answered about our service! My name is Jake, I do freelance production and just recently started working for the marketing department at TuneCore. Also, just wanted to mention that after I read this, I went to check out some of Kai Wen's stuff on iTunes - Kai, you are very talented and I am glad you have been happy with our service!

You can rest assured that our service is real, and if I may say so myself, really good. While producing and performing is my first passion, I immediately applied for a job after hearing about the company, and things on the inside were even better than I imagined. A lot of great people who are really passionate about what TuneCore does and about music in general.

In answer to your question djstasiak, when looking to put music on the iTunes store, you should generally allow 6-8 weeks for it to appear. This can sometimes vary, not based on our delivery to the stores but based on their own reasons/processes all albums must go through. If you want, you can contact our customer service department (support@tunecore.com) and ask about expediting your delivery for an additional fee.

I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have, glad to see people are discussing!

-Jake, jake@tunecore.com

Jake, thanks for the response, but it's a little too late, I already decided to go for it using TuneCore and used their affiliated service to press CDs. I'd say this is the best service out there for indie artists. I did a fair amount of research on other services and I think Tune Core has got it right.

www.dreamclone.net

Hey Djstasiak

Sorry to hear that my comment came too late - I'm glad that our service has worked out well for you! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out (jake@tunecore.com). Would you have any interest giving us a testimonial we could use on our website? Let me know, and good luck!

-Jake

kai wen, how long did it take your album to appear for sale on itunes?

I currently have distribution with Tunecore and have to say for the price you get a great deal. It took me about 4 1/2 weeks for the submission, which gave me time to market my album.

I have a site called HipHopDistribution where I discuss another affordable distribution service that gives you 100% Royalties and gets you on iTunes and other online retailers.

Last edited:
I currently have a Project up on FIVE stores on Via TuneCore....

(See Banner at the top of my MySpace Page)

It seems like a GREAT value for the $$$$ HOWEVER I am STILL waiting to receive any MONEY....and I know for CERTAIN that people have purchased the album....

They say sales dont show up for 45 days after the end of the quarter. Maybe I will see some COIN soon...LOL

BigBrotherMotown said:
I currently have a Project up on FIVE stores on Via TuneCore....

(See Banner at the top of my MySpace Page)

It seems like a GREAT value for the $$$$ HOWEVER I am STILL waiting to receive any MONEY....and I know for CERTAIN that people have purchased the album....

They say sales dont show up for 45 days after the end of the quarter. Maybe I will see some COIN soon...LOL

Yeah I hear that BigBrotherMotown. We were waiting for our sales stats also. Our record label also has distribution with another service and they seem to have that same lag with the stats. I think its iTunes that gives the sales stats all late to the distro companies...

I feel the eagerness tho, we knew we sold albums and 45 days seemed longer than it should've....lol...Independent musicians get hungry...

tunecore

My album just got put up on tunecore after applying and registering and all that good stuff about a month ago, but it was well worth the wait and the price. I still havent reaped any of the benefits because it takes 15 days after a month after your album launches for iTunes to report all the sales information back to tunecore in order for you to receive your money via paypal but so far so good!

check me out on iTunes, just search "Keswick" and go to rap/ hip-hop and lemme know what you think!

I did some album Art for a Friend who is an Irish Music Soloist. When he recieved His CD's the Artwork was fine but they had recorded some Death Metal Garage Band on his CD's LOL then it took them 2 months to return his master
NOT RECCOMENDED......

WOW I really need to get off the web ? I was interested in reading about Tunecore feedback then post some info from my experience. I never knew I had a membership at this forum but hey presto email & PW I am in
I guess I was a lil hardcore on building social profile online a few years back... anyway Tunecore

Almost too good to be true, but the concept seems great. I am testing them with a single co'z I am a hard core CD baby fan (co'z ther're just nice folk ready to help)

I have had some issues though & I think they will be important to many artists.
1. You can't test listen what you uploaded (before paying) ?
2. You can't even listen after you paid for the release. ?
3. You can't build a widget either ?
( I hope that they're widgets are awsome & they are waiting for the code from various stores once live so, no matter where your customers stream, from they have a selection of stores to click through from the widget interface ? ) that's what I am hoping but I am usually ahead of my time & slightly optimistic that one day some web geek will invent the widget fan data sales machine that will give creative people the edge to move units.

PEOPLE WE NEED more feedback from all these aggregators sites popping up as labels fall around.

Guabo de Trespeso
trespeso.com

Back