anyone know what a tribe called quest used on....

• Thread starter Deleted member 49494
  • Start date
sounds like sub bass... many vst synths can achieve this sound with proper tuning, but someone more enlightened on the subject will respond.

Last edited:
and this bass line sounds like a filtered single note. this can be done on any sampler. Wouldnt surprise me if this was done on an asr10 or mpc 3000

Xabiton said:
and this bass line sounds like a filtered single note. this can be done on any sampler. Wouldnt surprise me if this was done on an asr10 or mpc 3000

is there any way i can have this done on acid pro 6.0?

Emperor Bohe said:
is there any way i can have this done on acid pro 6.0?
if u know what ur doing it doesnt matter what ur doing it with. its just a filtered bass line lol. its nothing special or hard to achieve. Find a plug in and experiement

I have an old Keyboard mag from 97, and there is an article with q-tip.
He mentioned a Akai s-3000 being used for bass in that article.
Don't recall what if anything was said about sequencing, but most likely a mpc3000.
He was talking about the frequencies he filtered bass and a few other production techniques.

^^^^
I haven't heard or remember the track, but it might be the l"Low End Theory".... Just a thought.
Peace
S II

To clarify: The article did not specify a particular song if I remember.
It was just about what q-tip was using at the time.

Xabiton said:
if u know what ur doing it doesnt matter what ur doing it with. its just a filtered bass line lol. its nothing special or hard to achieve. Find a plug in and experiement

I tried looking for one LOL. none found yet. I want one that will filter an already existing mp3, as opposed to midi.

theres audio filtering plug ins all over the place use a low pass filter on it otherwise use eq and cut the highs and mids until it sounds right

theres nothing to elaborate on he didnt try acid comes with filtering plug ins he simply did not try to do anything instead hes asking us to tell him how to

funny ..

how EEEverybody makes what he did w/ the base in that and other joints sound so easy. Let me hear some of your mixes guys, where the basss is filtered like in find a way and yet cuts through the mix so nicely on most speakers including my crappy computer speakers with that bubbly bump effect. Lets hear some examples if its so easy. And don't just grab your microkorg, load a sine wave, take down the cutoff, and fidget w/ resonance, post a clip of a mix with a sub like that. Go head.

Back