anyone have a good chart of mixing levels?

D

Duke Skywalker

I know your ears have to be the ultimate judge in the end but I'm trying to get an idea of where everything should be

some type of chart saying hihats should be -9db, snare should be -3, bass should be w/e and etc

No kind of chart like that is going to exist ... every song is different. Don't even try and get in the habit of being an eye-gineer and just saying "well -3 dB on this kick looks good" or whatever... because every song will need a different mix bro

i was looking more for a range but it depends on the record. i get that.

Someone did post this on the Forum the other day, i would credit them but im not sure who it was, so sorry if u see this !! anyways it seems pretty decent, not sure if its exactly what you want though, never the less have a look :) - Interactive Frequency Chart - Independent Recording Network

That's a frequency spectrum chart though ... he means more along the lines of how loud each track should be... but still good shit though.. I have one of those charts in my book for class!

this will give you some ideas
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-video-tutorial-really-long-lots-info-415530/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

thank you

---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-02-2012 at 07:43 PM ----------

this is still going to be a problem after all

i notice that all snares have the same volume.. so i could produce something on the laptop and play it side by side with another perfectly mixed song and the snares sound the the same volume

but then i listen to the same beat i produced on another computer and the snare will either be too low or too high

this is the first laptop i have ever had that has this problem

i toyed with every single audio setting i have

Back