Anybody get approved for the Guitar Center's Credit Card?

bhardman

I just checked my credit score which is 730 on a scale of 330-830--my credit rating is excellent! Yet I got refused for the card yesterday! My boy works in the store and he said that he's NEVER seen anyone get approved--so I ask HAVE YOU BEEN APPROVED FOR IT?

bhardman said:
I just checked my credit score which is 730 on a scale of 330-830--my credit rating is excellent! Yet I got refused for the card yesterday! My boy works in the store and he said that he's NEVER seen anyone get approved--so I ask HAVE YOU BEEN APPROVED FOR IT?

BROTHA I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!

I've been denied by Guitar Center and Sam Ash yet Sweetwater gave me a DAME GREAT LINE OF CREDIT. I haven't the slightest idea of what my credit rating is, but I think I was denied because I had too much shyt on my credit. I pay half the rent on a crib in NY and a mortage in PA....and I have a car payment.

I think they deny you for dumb shyt like that. In fact, I've even been denied at KMART!!!!

Walmart came through though.

I got one

Well , it is in my wife's name but she makes a lot of $$ . Ya'll need to find a money making woman who loves you art !! I am very lucky she loves what I do and has great credit . She is a kitchen manager at a major hotel so I eat like I am rich too !!

It also has to do with how long you've had credit. If your credit hasn't been established I think for more than 5 years they turn you down. Also how much credit you already have plays a part too

GC gets ya with that credit plan if you are not smart anyways . Even if you have 1$ left at the end of the year they will charge you with the whole years worth of interest for the initial cost . It is like 25% interest - that is a lot .

I got approved for a $2500 line of credit from Sam Ash. I think how long you've had established credit plays the biggest role, because at the time I got approved I didn't have a job and my credit score was only decent, but I've had lines of credit for quite a while now.

mrjfox said:
I got approved for a $2500 line of credit from Sam Ash. I think how long you've had established credit plays the biggest role, because at the time I got approved I didn't have a job and my credit score was only decent, but I've had lines of credit for quite a while now.

Well in that case how old are you? I've had credit since 18 and they turned me down. Sorry if I sound pissed....because I am.

I probably still couldn't get a card from S. Ash if I bothered to try. They ship through UPS anyway so fukk 'em.

erbium said:
I got one

Well , it is in my wife's name but she makes a lot of $$ . Ya'll need to find a money making woman who loves you art !! I am very lucky she loves what I do and has great credit . She is a kitchen manager at a major hotel so I eat like I am rich too !!

~Im in a similar situation were I wit a female, now my fiance, and she loves what I do and supports me 2 the fullest. She's a nurse in a huge hospital in Texas so wheneva I need somethin she cops it for me. I try not to go over board wit it tho. Im plottin on the Imac G5 next. I just kept my setup simple and spend money on otha thingz, Clothes, cars, thangz of that nature!:monkey:

OsamaPigLatin said:

Well in that case how old are you? I've had credit since 18 and they turned me down. Sorry if I sound pissed....because I am.

I probably still couldn't get a card from S. Ash if I bothered to try. They ship through UPS anyway so fukk 'em.

I'm 25. I got my first credit card when I was 19 and I currently have 4 credit cards. And I have a huge student loan I am paying back.

Thats funny, 'cause I got approved for GC card in 2001 or '02 and I was only like 20 at the time, and my cousin got a card and last year and he was about the same age.

I thought everybody got approved for their card.

I had a credit line with GC, but cancelled it. Store credit cards have horrible interest rates.

Ted

TedH03 said:
I had a credit line with GC, but cancelled it. Store credit cards have horrible interest rates.

Ted

True.

If you already have credit with a Visa or MC, request a credit line increase. The rate will probably be much better.

GC must be trying to clean up their credit portfolio

americanmusical.com is great. I have bought stuff from them through the payment plan. Works like credit except they just charge your credit card every month..and you dont pay interest. Well I guess you do on the credit card your using...but I put mines on my bank card..so I have no interest...they just take the money out every month. This is my last month paying too...I think. :)

I have a card with GC. I plan on paying it off and closing the account. It was just a impulse thing, but I prefer to cash and carry. Interest rates way to high.

My boy's credit is jacked up from old hospital bills. He got approved on the spot when he bought his turntables. He is military though so that might have been a factor him having a steady income.

Back