American Idol?

When it comes to American Idol...

• Total voters
American Idol is a bunch of B.S. A lot of great singers don't even get to audition for the 3 stooges. The contract sucks. Most managers get 15% but Simon Fuller (no not the simon on the show, he's a nobody) gets half of everything. Oh, he's not a record exec. He's just your manager. 19 Entertainment which Fuller owns is only a management company. He just promises you a deal.

...you guys have definite opinions on the topic... would you please take the poll?

OK... i voted and got things started... c'mon everybody... vote!

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Vote 4 Sanjaya!!!
man Im so mad at that ish hes makin Seattle (Federal Way for any one around here) look bad. Funny tho a buddy of mine was sayin his sister works at hooters about 10 minutes from my house lol

I think that it would help out your music career if America didn't vote on it because they have some talented people on the show this year, but then u have Sanjaya who's jus, i dont even know, and he's always stayin in the Top whatever while a good singer leaves... Idk, seems like the wrong person could win if America votes.

Bravado said:
I think that it would help out your music career if America didn't vote on it because they have some talented people on the show this year, but then u have Sanjaya who's jus, i dont even know, and he's always stayin in the Top whatever while a good singer leaves... Idk, seems like the wrong person could win if America votes.
f*ck Sanjaya
e032172A.jpg
she was the 3rd best singer on AI and got eliminated. I wish America listened to Simon more often he is clearly the only person who knows wtf hes talkin bout. I liked Randy better when he stfu and played his bass and when Paula was f*ckin instead of talkin.

Last edited:
Sanjaya's the nicest contestant to ever touch a microphone period!!!

I don't appreciate people making fun of him. We need more talented musicians that can be role models for our kids to grow up to be real men.

And whether you like it or not, 30's the new 20 and Hoola Hooping's the new breakdancing.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Sanjaya's the nicest contestant to ever touch a microphone period!!!

I don't appreciate people making fun of him. We need more talented musicians that can be role models for our kids to grow up to be real men.

And whether you like it or not, 30's the new 20 and Hoola Hooping's the new breakdancing.
why couldnt he have been from Nevada or something. tone deaf singers are not cool. they make pitch pipes for a reason he obviously needs one. Hes a mockery to the good singers that came out of american idol. Your Kelly Clarksons, Tamyra Greys, Ruben Studdard, Carrie Underwoods (I dont care if she does country or not her music is dope) and then u got Sejaya. I promise if he wins there will be no American Idol 7 lol

I suppose that if you have awesome singing skills and negligable other skills that American Idol could be good for you, since you could find good industry contacts to give most of your gross revenues to. That remaining percentage had better be from a really large number to be worthwhile. For most people, the math doesn't really work out.

When you think about it, it's kind of a raw deal for the contestants. The best time for *the contestants* to release an album or a big concert tour would be within a month of their last performance on Amercian Idol (win or lose) - the buzz would be as high as its going to get with all the free publicity. Some seasoned professionals have to resort to wardrobe malfunctions to get the same free public awareness. If you're not business savy, and most of these contestants are not, you aren't going to have a business plan ready to act on at the critical time, and you're not going to be able to monetize all that hard work. Instead you wait a while and have to claw your way back into people's living rooms to remind them that you still exist.

Back