This is for all producers (Hardware vs Samples)

IamStan

So I'm coming up on Septemeber and I've decided to make the leap to this thing called the "Virus TI2" and was hoping people could try and explain what it does and how it sounds. Is it worth the whopping $3,000 or is just using samples good enough?

Will the Virus take my production to a whole new l3vel? cause that's what I keep hearing from all the reg. Catz.

From what i've heard the virus has some super dope sounds but i would not spend 3 g's on it. Some expensive equipment won't make you go platinum. Remember it's the man behind the machine that makes the music.

Why have you decided to get this? Just because someone said it's great?

Not saying it's a bad idea, but for now it sounds like the decision has come from all the wrong reasons...

The Virus is amazing if you know how to use it. I am not sure you are there yet though if you think all software contains samples and all hardware doesn't.

Some dude just wouldn't shut up about it that I met through saint joe's maschine tutorials site. He said he's never looked back since getting it and it's taken him to a whole new level of recording. I wish there were more videos on the virus to watch. Right now I'm just inside of maschine chopping mvp loops and loopmasters and I'm bored.....The virus looks cool and I heard some sounds but never touched one myself.

From what i've heard the virus has some super dope sounds but i would not spend 3 g's on it. Some expensive equipment won't make you go platinum. Remember it's the man behind the machine that makes the music.
Exactly. If you really do need equipment tho I suggest spending money on something cheaper, much cheaper. And although it will enhance your production, it wont make it amazing if its not already great

Reminds me of when Korg came out with the Triton. Expensive and beautiful, and everyone just had to have one. I won't tell anyone how to spend their money, but this is a pricey piece, so do your research, and TRY ONE before buying.

Virus synths are great, but according to what you wrote it seems like you should not buy one right now.

$3000?!!! DAMN.
Why bother?
Because it sounds that good.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Some dude just wouldn't shut up about it that I met through saint joe's maschine tutorials site. He said he's never looked back since getting it and it's taken him to a whole new level of recording. I wish there were more videos on the virus to watch. Right now I'm just inside of maschine chopping mvp loops and loopmasters and I'm bored.....The virus looks cool and I heard some sounds but never touched one myself.
There are a ton of videos about this guy on YouTube. Its just that most of them are by EDM guys. Personally when it comes to gear on YouTube I would advise most to watch the EDM guys because they are usually really on point about stuff like this.

That's the virus snow. I'm talking the virus desktop. 66 key or whatever.
The 61 key has more processing power other than that they are very much the same.

"The Access Virus TI2 Keyboard synthesizer takes the revered Virus TI to the next level, boasting 25% more calculating power, a more robust onboard effects section, a lighter weight, and a completely redesigned housing"
source: Sweetwater
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VirusTI2Key/

The 61 key has more processing power other than that they are very much the same.

"The Access Virus TI2 Keyboard synthesizer takes the revered Virus TI to the next level, boasting 25% more calculating power, a more robust onboard effects section, a lighter weight, and a completely redesigned housing"
source: Sweetwater
Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Sweetwater.com

Well, not really - that quote refers to the older TI version, not the Snow...

The Snow is roughty about half a TI2 Virus, in terms of voices & unison; it also lacks the digital & separate outputs of its big brother, but yeah, the synth engine is still the same.

I say just buy it.

If you have the money and really want it, go for it. Forget trying it out or finding something cheaper. Sometimes you just have to take a risk. Once you get it, you will find ways to make it work for you. New equipment always helps to bring out new and better ideas. It's only $3,000. That is not a lot of money for a piece of music equipment.

You only live once.

I say just buy it.

If you have the money and really want it, go for it. Forget trying it out or finding something cheaper. Sometimes you just have to take a risk. Once you get it, you will find ways to make it work for you. New equipment always helps to bring out new and better ideas. It's only $3,000. That is not a lot of money for a piece of music equipment.

You only live once.

true, I'd say you don't need it. But if you have the money and are willing to spend it, then why the hell not?
Just be careful not to rush into it. Buying a synth won't make you better but it might make producing all the more enjoyable which will result in spending more time at it, thus getting better.

I just really want to get this right and that's all I'm trying to say. I keep seeing things like the prophet 12 keyboard or motif and stuff. Is the virus really that killer? I own every vst known to man and almost most effects that anyone would need. Don't get me started on how many sample packs I own from various sites because your head would explode. I just really want this keyboard and I mean what would push me further to buy it is to know what artist have used it on their albums?

Hmm I don't know about the TI2 you are looking for, but the virus synths in general are used by many famous artists. I could be wrong but I think it's mostly used by trance artists.

Back