is the Alesis 12FXD MultiMix a quality mixer?

B

BThrowd

My B Day is coming up in about 2 weeks so its time to get a mixer. As far as sound quality is this a good mixer Or should i wait save up for a mackie mixer? Im not really concerned with FX or features although i like the fact that the Alesis has S/PDIF outs im really just looking for the best sound quality in the 300-400 price range so if yall have and other recommendations please speak up. I do need a 2x2 buss for submixing and atleast 4 mic pres these are my only requirments other than the absolute best and warmest sound in my price range.
Thanks

I’ve heard a roomer that says: Behringer’s analog mixers have questionable quality. When you connect something trough a mixer, the sound follows certain signal paths inside the mixer. It is critical that those signal paths/signal leaders are in nice quality. It's like when you buy a new CD-player and use the bundled black and thin signal cable; you get crappy sound! If you invest in high-end cables, you’ll get much better sound. When you buy consumer mixers, the sound quality will always be an issue. I can’t afford a high-end mixer; therefore I’ve built a complete DAW system with a sound interface in my computer that can support many digital and analog I/O. The mixing process on my system is digital and internal. Using high quality RME-converters, I get a sound quality that is acceptable as general studio production quality.

I don’t know about the Alesis mixer. But if it is a consumer mixer, you may get bad sound quality where the mixer acts like a needle eye for your sound quality to get trough. Off course, if you have a low-end system/studio, this won’t be an issue at all.

cubbyhouse said:
I can’t afford a high-end mixer; therefore I’ve built a complete DAW system with a sound interface in my computer that can support many digital and analog I/O. The mixing process on my system is digital and internal. Using high quality RME-converters, I get a sound quality that is acceptable as general studio production quality.
Thanks for the reply. What program are you mixing your tracks on mainly?
What audio interface are you using? Also what are RME converters?
Thanks

Back