Akai S950 help.

trefingers

New to the forums. I just got an Akai S950; problem is, I live in the US and the sampler is from England so it has the English plug. I need to buy a voltage converter for it, but I need to know how many watts it runs on. Does anyone have any clue what I can do to solve this problem?

you don't need any information about watt..

get a 220V 50Hz converter, set the switch on the back of the S950 to 220V and you'll be fine.. ;)

edit: welcome to fp by the way :)

Last edited:
sure, you're welcome..

if you need any help on the s950, just ask me, i have one myself, but it's pretty easy and intuitive to use :)

baggysound,

Got the converter; the sampler turns on alright with the red lights and what have you; however, the display displays nothing. I've turned the contrast knob all the way around and still nothing; does this mean I need a new backlight?

trefingers said:
baggysound,

Got the converter; the sampler turns on alright with the red lights and what have you; however, the display displays nothing. I've turned the contrast knob all the way around and still nothing; does this mean I need a new backlight?

it might be quite possible, that you're having a backlight problem..

from what i've read and heard most akai products have this fault (i haven't so far, so i can't give you exact information on that)

Back