Adobe Audition CS6.... Is there a complete vocal recording tutorial?

billytk03z

I need help... I have searched and searched and searched and come up empty... I have Adobe Auditon CS6 and I know how to do the basic recording but is there a complete Adobe recording tutorial that is only specific to vocal recording for music? Is it possible to utilize FX tracking while recording raw vocals with Adobe? every tutorial I read or listen to on youtube regarding vocal recording in Adobe is so bland and not music specific.... Could someone please point me in the right direction if there is one available....

CS6 is what less than a year old? and it's not industry standard (or any where near it for that matter) so there isn't a high demand for these kinds of videos.

That being said try looking for CS3-CS5 videos, I remember there being some a couple of years ago.

thanks for the reply.. I will look around with your suggestions... What is considered the industry standard or the best home recording product for vocal recording (software wise).....

Pro Tools is THE standard. Cubase is probably next to it.

After using Pro Tools and Cubase for years, I have to recommend Studio One Pro. It has a shallow learning curve, it looks similar to audition, and because it's fairly new, it is the most intuitive since it isn't haunted by it's previous versions. There's also a ton of tutorials on it and a strong community filled with ex-pro tools users like myself.

I have the Studio One V2 Professional and it looks very similiar to Adobe Audition. My audio interface is a Presonus so it works well with Studio One especially getting near 0 latency... Can you point me in the right direction for tutorials regarding Sudio One? The tutorials that I have researched regarding Studio One is very bland in regards to the actual step by step process of setting up and recording with vocal chains, etc.... Thanks billy

Ive compared Studio One v2 against Adobe Audition CS6 in regards to strictly vocal recording and I think AA CS6 has more options for recording, cleaning and producing a better vocal recording.....

Someone is lying to you guys if they're telling you hit records aren't recorded in Adobe Audition. Not to mention TONS of TV Commercials are edited in it. Also used heavily in radio broadcasting. It's far past the "professional" mark you guys are implying exists.

There is no "industry standard". There are more famous and less famopus programs, and in all honesty, numbers don't lie, Logic and FL beat out damn near everything now because they're so entry level friendly...but any program with the functionality of a DAW(SONAR, Audition, Studio One, Pro Tools, FL, Reason, Live, Samplitude, Saw Studio, ect) is as capable as the next program.

Tutorials don't have to occur within a specified DAW either. I'm gonna apply everything I know about digital multitrack recording to whatever digital multitrack recorder I sit down in front of, even if it's a Roland V-Series Multitrack, even if it's Magix Music Maker. I went from hardware to DAWs and have NEVER sat in front of one I couldn't figure out how to do everything involving recording in within seconds. Sat in front of pleny I can't figure out how to make beats in though, lol.

You're gonna need to know about Routing, busses, channel FX, techniques, ect. in whatever program you use, but they translate to the next program. So if you watch videos on how to record in Pro Tools just apply the same techniques in AA.

Last edited:
Tutorials don't have to occur within a specified DAW either. I'm gonna apply everything I know about digital multitrack recording to whatever digital multitrack recorder I sit down in front of, even if it's a Roland V-Series Multitrack, even if it's Magix Music Maker.

This... word for word.

Don't look for tutorials specific to your DAW. Look for tutorials on the topic of mixing you need help with. All DAWs do the same damn thing more or less. Just different workflows. Figure out the workflow on your own, or reading the manual, or via specific tutorials... but if you're looking for meat n potatoes types of info on "how to mix" or "how to get good records" etc... that is not DAW specific.

thanks for the replies bro's.... Listen, I don't expect to find detailed tutorials that explains everything from start to finish but it is nice to have something to refer to get started at least in the right direction thats at least DAW specific. I have watched so many different tutorials from so many different people that have different approaches with every DAW possible that my head is spinning... As far as Vocal recording is concerned my choice is Adobe Audition... everything is so straight forward and has every imaginable tool for creating, cleaning and editing vocals... I just use my AudioBox VSL software to track my raw recordings to Audition clean and edit and then bounce back the vocals back to FL for FX editing and mixing...

^i get you... DAW specific tutorials definitely helps with learning the workflow of the program and "how to accomplish" a certain task. But I guess the main point is if that certain task has to do with "how to make things sound good" or something of that nature... then any tutorial will do. Case n point... if you dropped my track into Logic.. I would get the exact same mix as I do in Studio One, even though I don't know Logic at all.. I've never touched it.

So yeah.. depending what you need to learn.. any tutorial may help. Most of the mixing tutorials seem to be done with Pro Tools and Cubase

I do not have more experience about it but I think you should be try CS3-CS5 videos, there have been some available. Although, I used adobe photoshop cs6 only and know just about it. Hope, this will be helpful for you.

Billy...

Audition Tutorials from lynda.com

That site, Lynda.com is what I use for learning just about any new application, they even have the CS6 version there for you. I too love working in Audition, been using it since before Adobe bought "Cool Edit" and changed it's name to Audition : )

I wish you the best of luck, and would like stay updated on your progress and your usage and skill growing with Audition if possible.

Billy...

Audition Tutorials from lynda.com

That site, Lynda.com is what I use for learning just about any new application, they even have the CS6 version there for you. I too love working in Audition, been using it since before Adobe bought "Cool Edit" and changed it's name to Audition : )

I wish you the best of luck, and would like stay updated on your progress and your usage and skill growing with Audition if possible.

Notable, thanks for the link... Im definitely gonna give that site a go and and I'll shoot you a couple PM's as I progress..... Ive pretty much mastered Fl Studio in regards to my workflow and what I need to accomplish, it was just the vocal recording that was holding my tracks back... good looking out... thanks a million....

Adobe Audition CS6 is really a great mixing and editing software. I did not find the complete vocal recording tutorial of this great software. You should to look for tutorials on the topic of mixing you need help with. All DAWs do the same damn thing more or less.

Back