Adats

H

hot trax

I was lookin at professional studios,and i noticed that they all got adats,what do they use adats for.

So they hook up the ssl & consoles to an adat to record and then at the end of the session,they transfer it to cd.

ADAT's are pretty much multi-track recorders. Look at them as that, but on tape (8mm video tape actually). You can also look at them as having the same functionality as a tape deck except that they can record/playback up to 8 channels of audio simultaneously on a single unit.

I believe that adat's still have their place but as many will say, they're not that much of a convenience with the way that computer multi-tracking has come along.

So if I had a client and I gsve them an adat and a cdr of the final result,could they take the adat to a cd duplication company and get the adat turned into a cd.

sleepy said:
ADAT's are pretty much multi-track recorders. Look at them as that, but on tape (8mm video tape actually). You can also look at them as having the same functionality as a tape deck except that they can record/playback up to 8 channels of audio simultaneously on a single unit.

I believe that adat's still have their place but as many will say, they're not that much of a convenience with the way that computer multi-tracking has come along.
Actually it's Super VHS not 8mm.

I hear that ADAT machines have pretty good a/d. You can buy a broken one on ebay and if your sound card supports lightpipe, you can bring 8 analog in's to the adat and lightpipe them to your soundcard or audio interface. Has anyone tried this?

Back