Ableton Fade in/out in Sampler to eliminate sample clicking

apexxhiphop

Hey guys I was wondering if there was a way to do fade in and fade out in Sampler to eliminate clicking in samples. Cause usually I warp my sample and send it to my drum rack which then gives each slice its own Sampler. Im getting some clicking with the samples and was hoping if I can do fade in and fade out in Sampler to eliminate the clicks. I've been looking for a good minute and cant find it!

Tried just using the Simpler instead of Sampler? The Simpler has a, well, simple "fade" parameter that does exactly that. Sampler has a "snap" button that loops from zero crossings but no per-sample fade option (you could use the aux envelope though).

Yeah. The "fade" parameter is basically a symmetrical attack/release - and of course, it's really only gonna mask the click at best; starting/looping at zero crossing is almost always the "best" way, but it depends on the sample.

Tried just using the Simpler instead of Sampler? The Simpler has a, well, simple "fade" parameter that does exactly that. Sampler has a "snap" button that loops from zero crossings but no per-sample fade option (you could use the aux envelope though).

+1 on this. TBH, I usually just use Simpler for my slice to MIDI unless I really need the functions of the Sampler, and I've found that Simpler's attack and release values can really handle this well.

Back