ableton

phil40

got my volca cable, now how do I setup my gear in ableton, I would if possible like to use the volca in reason or ableton, I also have a novation nio, akai mpk25 and a large master keyboard, what is the best setup options for this gear and software settings.

Please help ive been struggling at this for a while now

Thanks guys

also how do I ROUTE in ableton, whats the settings etc

connect the midi out from your soundcard to your volca
make sure the midi settings for the soundcard is enabled under the preferences in ableton.
start a new midi track and a audiotrack.
click the IO button next to the masterchannel

select the desired mididevice(keyboard) under the midi input of your miditrack
select the midioutput (the nio midiout, channel 1) of your miditrack
connect the volca to your soundcard
select the inputchannel on the audiotrack
click the recbuttons on your tracks

play the keyboard to check if ableton recieves midi in. you should hear the volca then
record to the midiclip(miditrack) then use the audiotrack to hear the incoming sound

good luck!

Last edited:
connection

Hey thanks for the reply, been a while since ive been here, just a different question but I have an akai mpk25 and an old concertmate 980 master keyboard which I want to use together in ableton, how do I get them working together, I have one of these USB to Midi Converter Cable Adapter cables to, do I connect this from concertmate to computer then the akai to computer with a separate cable or can I connect both keyboards with the one cable

The ableton manual is actually pretty decent too. It's pretty concise and to the point on most issues without getting bogged down in technical mumbo jumbo.

Hello all, I have Ableton Live intro, and wishing to upgrade to the Suite version, the full suite version is a little out of my price range. I was wondering if you guys have an available Ableton coupon I can use? I tried searching and using other recommendations but they we're a failure. Please let me know if you can help! Thanks a bunch.

Hello all, I have Ableton Live intro, and wishing to upgrade to the Suite version, the full suite version is a little out of my price range. I was wondering if you guys have an available Ableton coupon I can use? I tried searching and using other recommendations but they we're a failure. Please let me know if you can help! Thanks a bunch.

Finance it with 0% interest through Sweetwater. That's what I plan to do. Around $30/month in total

Back