9th wonder bass

BeatsByD

First: sorry of this aint posted in the right section.

I was using the search function to how to do basslines, and in one thread someone had 3x osc presets for 9th wonder bass. But the link is expired, does anybody have the preset ???

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the preset but why not just make your own sounds? The preset is not going to work right with all types of beats. You should practice designing your own presets so you have an original sound

I'm not sure about the preset but why not just make your own sounds? The preset is not going to work right with all types of beats. You should practice designing your own presets so you have an original sound

Yea. Maybe i should do that. But i dont really know how to come up with sounds in 3x Osc. Do you know any good tutorials to that?
I can make a 808 bass in there, and thats it.

I am not really too familiar with the 3XOsc myself because I purchased Spectrasonics Trilian Total Bass Module but you might wanna check out the Warbeats website. Also, Youtube might be a great place to learn how to use it. To me it seems like the 3xOsc is aimed more for Dance type music

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Here is some info I found:
3xOsc is a great oscillator tool for creating tons of different sounds that you can use as a quiet pad (a layer of sound in the background) or a stabbing arpeggiator that puts more rhythm in your music. The settings for the oscillators are the same, and the first set of boxes allows you to choose the shape of the oscillation.

Changing up these shapes alone will give you a plethora of options to work with. The Invert Toggle switch will flip the phase of that particular oscillator, so if you are looking at a digital drawing of the waveform, it will be turned upside down, which can help with creating a stereo effect if the sound is giving off too much of a mono effect.

The SP (Stereo Phase) knob will basically allow you to move the oscillating wave forward or backward in time. This feature is a great for widening the sound and giving it more depth.

The SD (Stereo Detune) knob can essentially do the same thing, but you will notice that the tones between the left and right channels become out of tune the more you adjust them. When I'm programming I like to detune by odd numbers i.e (3.57) cents because this adds more harmonics and makes for nice sounds. Feel free to experiment here.

The CRS (Course) and Fine tuning knob will tune the entire oscillator rather than cause the left and right to become out of tune with each other. Adjusting this will allow you to hit those in-between tones without affecting the entire channel.

The last two selections include a toggle switch (OSC 3 > AM) that allows you to cause the third oscillator to be amplitude modulation for the first two oscillators, as well as a Stereo Phase Randomness (PR) knob that will allow you to add varying degrees of randomness to the stereo phase of all oscillators. This plug-in is will be reminiscent of the early synths and will have a very classic sound to it.

Last edited:
I am not really too familiar with the 3XOsc myself because I purchased Spectrasonics Trilian Total Bass Module but you might wanna check out the Warbeats website. Also, Youtube might be a great place to learn how to use it. To me it seems like the 3xOsc is aimed more for Dance type music

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Here is some info I found:
3xOsc is a great oscillator tool for creating tons of different sounds that you can use as a quiet pad (a layer of sound in the background) or a stabbing arpeggiator that puts more rhythm in your music. The settings for the oscillators are the same, and the first set of boxes allows you to choose the shape of the oscillation.

Changing up these shapes alone will give you a plethora of options to work with. The Invert Toggle switch will flip the phase of that particular oscillator, so if you are looking at a digital drawing of the waveform, it will be turned upside down, which can help with creating a stereo effect if the sound is giving off too much of a mono effect.

The SP (Stereo Phase) knob will basically allow you to move the oscillating wave forward or backward in time. This feature is a great for widening the sound and giving it more depth.

The SD (Stereo Detune) knob can essentially do the same thing, but you will notice that the tones between the left and right channels become out of tune the more you adjust them. When I'm programming I like to detune by odd numbers i.e (3.57) cents because this adds more harmonics and makes for nice sounds. Feel free to experiment here.

The CRS (Course) and Fine tuning knob will tune the entire oscillator rather than cause the left and right to become out of tune with each other. Adjusting this will allow you to hit those in-between tones without affecting the entire channel.

The last two selections include a toggle switch (OSC 3 > AM) that allows you to cause the third oscillator to be amplitude modulation for the first two oscillators, as well as a Stereo Phase Randomness (PR) knob that will allow you to add varying degrees of randomness to the stereo phase of all oscillators. This plug-in is will be reminiscent of the early synths and will have a very classic sound to it.
Synths are not genre specific. It just happens that its only the dance guys who really learn to program their synths vs hip hop guys who think knowing their tool means knowing where to find a certain preset.

Synths are not genre specific. It just happens that its only the dance guys who really learn to program their synths vs hip hop guys who think knowing their tool means knowing where to find a certain preset.

True you definitely have a point there. I just meant basically the way the 3xosc is setup by what I remember, it's more dance orientated. Nothing really with the sound of it just the features like the built in arpeggiator and things of that nature. Like I said I have not used the 3xosc in a long time so maybe it is different now in the newer versions of FL Studio but I am just going by what I remember.

True you definitely have a point there. I just meant basically the way the 3xosc is setup by what I remember, it's more dance orientated. Nothing really with the sound of it just the features like the built in arpeggiator and things of that nature. Like I said I have not used the 3xosc in a long time so maybe it is different now in the newer versions of FL Studio but I am just going by what I remember.
Again there is no such thing as a dance oriented synth. 3XOsc is just a basic analog synth with 3 oscillators. No more no less.

Back