8 bars verses or 16 bar verses???

Gkm214

I tend too have mine at 16 but people were telling me too make 8 bar verses.....wouldnt the chorus come around too much if i had it 8???

This entirely depends on the tempo. You could do smaller verses if you were fitting more of an R&B type song.

I personally hate choruses and often make songs that are straight 40-60 bars or more but I'm pretty unique in that right.

I think it depends on the feel of the song, And how many people are on the track or in your group. Ex You and your 2 boys are making a track You spit 8bars and end that eight with something your other boy can work off to finish the other eight...... If that made sense. You could go with 12 bars verses aswell!

all depends on the type of beat tempo & artist you iamgine on it really, but 16 is usually standard with 8 bar hooks. Never stick to same all the time though switch it up once you understand it all.

4-8 intro
8-16 verse
8 chorus
8-16 verse
8 chorus
8 breakdown
16 chorus
4-8 outro

that is always my formula for r&b hip hop rap reggateon

Last edited:
I use 12 bar verses often, 8 bars seems way to short unless the beat is in the 60's for tempo. Anything above 80 bpm I almost always use 16 bar verses.

When arranging a track, I think it's best to do whatever has the most impact on the intended listeners. Listeners and followers keep the music industry alive. Do everything you can to entertain them.

Back