What samples would fit into West coast/tupac category

shoxwave

I know sampling is creative and I know you find stuff for yourself but im somewhat new to this and want to bring back some old west coast vibes with myy own twist on it. That death row era is what im going for what did they mostly sample from like genre and be specific so I know what to look for dont name specific songs i like to dig for myself more so shoot me some artist names and maybe different time eras like 60's, 70's, etc. I just dont know what to look for and everyone knows you can sample anyyyyything

if you serious about this beat game mannn, you'd do your own research ya dig? So where do we look at? The internet. Google it.
Peace fam!

if you serious about this beat game mannn, you'd do your own research ya dig? So where do we look at? The internet. Google it.
Peace fam!
Why the fucc you think he is here asking in the first place? If you can't answer his question, then we can agree that there was no need for you to post that redundant ass comment.

To the OP:
Start with plenty of funk and soul, and even some old-school electro-funk. Try Parliament/Funkadelic, perhaps some Rick James and let your ears take you on from there. Also look into some old Egyptian Lover and World Class Wrecking Crew.

Last edited:
I apologize that my earlier approach seemed egocentric. Let me try this again.
What I was trying to implement was that, OP should research on his favourite deathrow/tupac songs on the internet. Analyse the producer, what samples he took and then it is a matter of revisiting the samples & using his creativity to chop them differently. Whosampled is a great site to start with (something I had forgotten to mention).
Peace!

I know sampling is creative and I know you find stuff for yourself but im somewhat new to this and want to bring back some old west coast vibes with myy own twist on it. That death row era is what im going for what did they mostly sample from like genre and be specific so I know what to look for dont name specific songs i like to dig for myself more so shoot me some artist names and maybe different time eras like 60's, 70's, etc. I just dont know what to look for and everyone knows you can sample anyyyyything

Check out this site, its great for finding out what artists have sampled and you can learn a lot Listen to Music Samples, Cover Songs and Remixes | WhoSampled

^^^ as in use it to identify what has been used in west coast tupac style songs in the past and build yourself a database of tracks that you can then use to find similar tracks

Back