This place is a ghost forum now.....

IAMGOD_OFFICIAL

#ROKBOXFOREVER #IAMGOD
I think Ive looked into here like twice this year. It used to have a lot of up and coming producers with dope flips... What happened?

This forum used to really be poppin its wild. I think people just started going elsewhere because other avenues like reddit and whatnot would get them more plays.

The battles being gone really sapped the juice out of this place.

What happened?

I just thought about this the other day. This forum used to be my #1 site on the internet. I miss those days. You could post a sample here and instantly have few people posting their flips. back then people also dropped feedback and constructive critisism A LOT more than today. All those beat battles we had, man... I might be wrong on this but seems like people are too busy living in the social media and on their phones. nobody cares about good old shit talk on the forums. I still love this site though.

I think people just started going elsewhere because other avenues like reddit and whatnot would get them more plays.

This is a good point too.

Last edited:
Yea, the forum really isn't what it used be that's for sure. I ain't gonna lie, I'm one of those that kinda left, but would always come back once in a while, but it's really dead right now. I feel that the fact this new generation of producers is moving away from sampling has really accelerated the decaying of this section. I kind moved away from sampling as well, but mostly because I got more into the House genre, I still sample sometimes tho. I find it hard making hip hop without sampling lol, unless it's a neo soul type beat, I need a some chops to get that feel. The flip this section really helped me grow as a producer so I'll always be thankful for that. I still remember the days when AbstracktBeatz was killing every sample he touched lol, I wonder where's he's at now.

Last edited:
Yea, the forum really isn't what it used be that's for sure. I ain't gonna lie, I'm one of those that kinda left, but would always come back once in a while, but it's really dead right now. I feel that the fact this new generation of producers is moving away from sampling has really accelerated the decaying of this section. I kind moved away from sampling as well, but mostly because I got more into the House genre, I still sample sometimes tho. I find it hard making hip hop without sampling lol, unless it's a neo soul type beat, I need a some chops to get that feel. The flip this section really helped me grow as a producer so I'll always be thankful for that. I still remember the days when AbstracktBeatz was killing every sample he touched lol, I wonder where's he's at now.

Oh yeah, Abstrackt! Can't forget him. And that French dude, EvilNeedle! He was craaaazy with the beats. There's many others too, I'm just too tired to remember all the names.

Flip this section has helped me so much as well. I've learned a lot from others and made some good friends too.

edit: Oh, and I remember laughing my ass off everytime that irish dude Noblewordz wrote some sh*t here. Feels like everyone was one big family here at one point.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Abstrackt! Can't forget him. And that French dude, EvilNeedle! He was craaaazy with the beats. There's many others too, I'm just too tired to remember all the names.

Flip this section has helped me so much as well. I've learned a lot from others and made some good friends too.

edit: Oh, and I remember laughing my ass off everytime that irish dude Noblewordz wrote some sh*t here. Feels like everyone was one big family here at one point.

Haha yeah most definitely, so many dope producers on here back in the day, and the feedback was really genuine like we all wanted to get better with our craft and that's what this place really was about. I think what this forum is missing as a whole is more vets or ppl that give more detailed feedback. Now what you see is new producers giving feedback to other new producers like "this is a dope beat, check out mine" lol. It's almost like they care more about getting plays and views rather than improving their craft.

Used to frequent here a ton myself however even then mad folks wasn't really listending to what I was throwing down weekly. Most of my soundcloud were flips from here.

Nowadays if you post a beat you will get 10 views, no comments and 2 plays out of it...makes it kind of pointless to post beats for review. You also have people not contributing their own opinions to hip hop topics or kids born in the 2000's trying to lecture OG's or troll.

It's time like these that those involved need to do more to engage those who visit... Unless they don't want to be involved and see something they like disappear. I touched on some points in my closed thread, thread. Make more effort to interact with artist and their materiel, other wise they will go else where.

Haha yeah most definitely, so many dope producers on here back in the day, and the feedback was really genuine like we all wanted to get better with our craft and that's what this place really was about. I think what this forum is missing as a whole is more vets or ppl that give more detailed feedback. Now what you see is new producers giving feedback to other new producers like "this is a dope beat, check out mine" lol. It's almost like they care more about getting plays and views rather than improving their craft.

People care about the former because it speaks to the unfortunate industry/business reality: labels don't do artist development so they expect artists to do literally everything themselves which can, does, and should result in subpar music. As to improving one's craft the downside to the internet is no one has the guts to go it alone anymore regarding the discipline needed to learn music e.g. people want immediate feedback for repetitive loops and lyrics.

Just came back to this forum to see how it was. Used to be on here all the time back in the day, like 2010. Definitely a ghosttown. But ah, the memories!

Edit: My sig has an AIM link in it. lol.

Last edited:
dang...i only been on here a year or so and it even feels like its fizzled since i joined. Can't believe evilneedle used to be on here, his beats are always fire!

Back