Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This place is a ghost forum now.....

Thanks

This place is a ghost forum now.....

Sign in to disable this ad
    I think Ive looked into here like twice this year. It used to have a lot of up and coming producers with dope flips... What happened?

Thanks
    I noticed the flip this battles stopped and the flip this threads turned weak.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmaskk View Post
    i noticed the flip this battles stopped and the flip this threads turned weak.
    im going to go through my old folder of flipped beats i never sold and post some...
    Bring some heat

Thanks
    This forum used to really be poppin its wild. I think people just started going elsewhere because other avenues like reddit and whatnot would get them more plays.

The battles being gone really sapped the juice out of this place.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMGOD_OFFICIAL View Post
    What happened?

I just thought about this the other day. This forum used to be my #1 site on the internet. I miss those days. You could post a sample here and instantly have few people posting their flips. back then people also dropped feedback and constructive critisism A LOT more than today. All those beat battles we had, man... I might be wrong on this but seems like people are too busy living in the social media and on their phones. nobody cares about good old shit talk on the forums. I still love this site though.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonBeatz View Post
    I think people just started going elsewhere because other avenues like reddit and whatnot would get them more plays.
    This is a good point too.
    Last edited by pumppuhaulikkomies; 10-10-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks
    Yea, the forum really isn't what it used be that's for sure. I ain't gonna lie, I'm one of those that kinda left, but would always come back once in a while, but it's really dead right now. I feel that the fact this new generation of producers is moving away from sampling has really accelerated the decaying of this section. I kind moved away from sampling as well, but mostly because I got more into the House genre, I still sample sometimes tho. I find it hard making hip hop without sampling lol, unless it's a neo soul type beat, I need a some chops to get that feel. The flip this section really helped me grow as a producer so I'll always be thankful for that. I still remember the days when AbstracktBeatz was killing every sample he touched lol, I wonder where's he's at now.
    Last edited by M.G.Y.B.; 10-10-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    Listen to some of my music here: https://soundcloud.com/mgyb

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M.G.Y.B. View Post
    Yea, the forum really isn't what it used be that's for sure. I ain't gonna lie, I'm one of those that kinda left, but would always come back once in a while, but it's really dead right now. I feel that the fact this new generation of producers is moving away from sampling has really accelerated the decaying of this section. I kind moved away from sampling as well, but mostly because I got more into the House genre, I still sample sometimes tho. I find it hard making hip hop without sampling lol, unless it's a neo soul type beat, I need a some chops to get that feel. The flip this section really helped me grow as a producer so I'll always be thankful for that. I still remember the days when AbstracktBeatz was killing every sample he touched lol, I wonder where's he's at now.
    Oh yeah, Abstrackt! Can't forget him. And that French dude, EvilNeedle! He was craaaazy with the beats. There's many others too, I'm just too tired to remember all the names.

Flip this section has helped me so much as well. I've learned a lot from others and made some good friends too.

edit: Oh, and I remember laughing my ass off everytime that irish dude Noblewordz wrote some sh*t here. Feels like everyone was one big family here at one point.
    Last edited by pumppuhaulikkomies; 10-10-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pumppuhaulikkomies View Post
    Oh yeah, Abstrackt! Can't forget him. And that French dude, EvilNeedle! He was craaaazy with the beats. There's many others too, I'm just too tired to remember all the names.

Flip this section has helped me so much as well. I've learned a lot from others and made some good friends too.

edit: Oh, and I remember laughing my ass off everytime that irish dude Noblewordz wrote some sh*t here. Feels like everyone was one big family here at one point.
    Haha yeah most definitely, so many dope producers on here back in the day, and the feedback was really genuine like we all wanted to get better with our craft and that's what this place really was about. I think what this forum is missing as a whole is more vets or ppl that give more detailed feedback. Now what you see is new producers giving feedback to other new producers like "this is a dope beat, check out mine" lol. It's almost like they care more about getting plays and views rather than improving their craft.
    Listen to some of my music here: https://soundcloud.com/mgyb

Thanks
    I think we need to start up the beat battles again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMGOD_OFFICIAL View Post
    I think we need to start up the beat battles again
    This!

Thread Information