FP Flip This Battle vol. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskarr

4x FP Battle Champion
FP Flip This Battle vol. 8

Rules

Entering the battle

1. You may enter only one beat. Change-ups are welcome.
  2. Entry beat must mainly consist of the sample material provided. Other than having a provided sample act the main part, there are no restrictions so do what you feel like doing.
  3. Maximum length of the beat is 1 minute 30 seconds
  4. Entering the battle happens by posting a Soundcloud link or player in this thread. So no Soundclick, Youtube, DivShare etc. Soundcloud only!
  5. Entry will be closed on Suday June 29th 9pm my time (United States Eastern Time GMT -4). Plenty of time to put together something decent.

Voting

1. Voting will happen in a new thread.
  2. All battle participants MUST vote. Not voting results in disqualification. Again, there will be a time limit of a week or so to cast your vote.
  3. We are not using the built in poll system. Instead, everyone will pick their top 3. First will get three points, second gets two points and third one point. All votes must go to other participants, so no self-voting. Points will be calculated in the end.

The winner will set up the next battle by copy-pasting the rules, picking new samples, setting new time limits and starting a new thread. The winner may also take part in the next battle so getting to choose the samples is somewhat a home field advantage.

FP admins will add the winner of the battle to a new exclusive usergroup declaring him/her as a champion. It will be visible below your screen name instead of "Registered User" unless you have set a custom one in profile settings.

Samples:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ lilquad22 Solid beat just look at the time constraints so you don't get disqualified. I thought the other day the time length was adjusted to 3 minutes as of writing this it's 1 minute and 30 seconds.

@ lilquad22 Solid beat just look at the time constraints so you don't get disqualified. I thought the other day the time length was adjusted to 3 minutes as of writing this it's 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Yeah I had it set for longer, but it was later changed to accommodate the voting process. There are basically two main sample videos and an additional video for drums, if you choose to use them. The short limit should be viewed as an advantage. A simple intro, 16-bar main beat or 8-bar beat with chorus then another 8-bars, then outro.

Is it ok if the song is longer than a 1 min 30 seconds?
I thought it said MINIMUM 1 min 30 sec :/

I made a full beat out of one these samples with a lot of switch ups I don't wanna be disqualified for it being too long?

I could just take 1 min 30 sec of the beat and upload it

we've already had one entry redone to meet the maximum requirements, can't let you be treated differently

cut or redo (better option imo)

Made a full version, but stripped it down to 90 seconds.

Edit: Okay, for whatever reason, soundcloud gave me 2 extra seconds lol

Last edited:
A decent amount of entries this time which is good! Hopefully some more to come before the deadline.
Here's mine using the second sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back