Flip! Ohio Players - Pride And Vanity

Dope flip, man!! I gave it a go too.. Anything I can do to improve the mix? Tips are much appreciated.

thank you man :D
well, good concept, but it's off beat. I don't know how you cut the sample, but I'm assuming that you're new to sampling. My advice is first cut the larger loops, not just parts. example: Click here ; make 8-10 seconds loop, and just build drums around that, when you get comfortable with larger loops, then try to make it smaller, like 4 seconds loop, and play with that. for start, find some simple song, then cut about 4-5 large loops and build drums around that. after a while, cut 6-10 or more smaller loops and build drums around that. on youtube you have a lot tutorials how to cut the sample, find one that suits you.
if you have any more questions feel free to ask. :)

Dude.. It's not off beat? Thanks for listening, but I think you're thrown off by the clap. I have it hitting the 4th, with a few exceptions. You're right though- this is the 4th or 5th beat I've made so I'm new to beatmaking. But if I have to say so myself, I think my knowledge of sampling surpasses your examples. And I don't do loops. Peace!

Dope Sample MMC here is mine:

I think the string melody I made is ok but not crazy about the sound font Maybe should have added some eq to brighten it up or play with the attack a little bit.

Will check other flips soon too.

Dope Sample MMC here is mine:

I think the string melody I made is ok but not crazy about the sound font Maybe should have added some eq to brighten it up or play with the attack a little bit.

Will check other flips soon too.

I really like your version :D good job man! and that string is on point

Back