Yr Favourite DJ

Man...

Ive never heard of alot the DJ's listed. Here are my favorites in no particular order:

Larry Levan (OG Garage)
Doc Martin (House)
Tony Humphries (House)
Lil Louie Vega (House)
Mark Farina (House)
Bob Sinclair (House)
Wally Calerio (House)
John Acquaviva (House)
GrandMaster Flash (HipHop)
MixMaster Mike (HipHop)
KidRock (Everything)
Boy George (Dance)
DJ Craze (Tablist - Jungle)

pretty little ricky
supa sam
big mike
(Kube93 hotmix crew)
mix master mike
DJ Q-Bert
Jam master J
FUNK MASTER FLEX
Dj CLUE
DJ SKRIBBLE
DJ SLINKY
DJ ZONOR

my 2 cents...Its all about House music...

* Miguel Migs (san francisco)
* Mark Farina (san francisco)
* Garth (san francisco)
* tommy (san francisco)
* Dirty Joey (san francisco)
* Jeno (san francisco)
* David Coleman & Sen-sei (san francisco)
* David Alvarado (Chicago?)
* Charles Feelgood (Balto/DC)
* Adam Cantrell (Las Vegas)
* Marquess Wyatt (LA)
* DJ Keoki (NY, I think?)
* Little Louie Vega (Chicago/NY)
* Nick Holder (h-foundation, London)

...there are a few more, but these are "the cream of the crop"!

DJ Tiesto
Ferry Corsten
Armin van Buuren
Brian Transeau
Paul Van Dyk
DJ Mirco
Mix Master Mike
DJ Q-bert
A-trak
DJ Jurgen
DJ Johan Gielen
Vincent De Moor
Dumonde & DJ Jam X
DJ Tomcraft
Sunbeam
DJ Tom Stevens
Mauro Picotto
Mario Piu
DJ Quicksilver

Loads o' Talent

There's sooo many good DJs out there in all types of areas... my favs are however

Sasha
Digweed (Everyone loves them, but there's no reason not to!)

Nick Warren
Danny Tenaglia
Timo Maas (more his compositions than djing)
Tall Paul

Bad Company
Kenny Ken
Dj SS
Ed Rush & Optical
Roni Size

Plump DJs
Icey
Aquasky
Dj PUnk Roc

Dj Dan
Donald Glaude
Anne Savage + Max Graham (That House Drum n' Bass mix)

my top 6

I like a mix of all type of styles
1-paul johnson
2-paul van dyk
3-terry mullan--(back n the day)
4-sasha
5-feel good
6-eric bennett

dont bee a HEAD !!!

Favs

fav djs i have seen

Sasha
Digweed
Jeff Mills
Derrick Carter
Juan Atkins
Danny Tenaglia
Deep Dish

fav djs i heard heard on cd but want to see

Gilles Peterson
Tony Humphries
Steve Lawler
Norman Jay

DJ's Live

I have seen LTD Bukem, Gilles Peterson & Alex Dallas live at 'The END' NC in London - the very same evening ! (not bad, ai?) :D

djs

hi everyone,

i am not going to list all my top djs, but although I dont like the style I'd like to call the attention to a brazilian drum'bass dj named Marky. This guy is amazing. He has just been named top drum'bass dj by some UK magazine I think. He has released 2 records here in Brasil, worth listening to.

andreas

Unless my eyes are failing me no-ones mentioned DJ Shadow yet. OK so maybe hes more of a music maker than a DJ but he can still scratch with the best and mix pretty well as far as I'm concerned. Saw him live once at V99 and I have Brainfreeze and some other live bits and bobs by him on Mp3. Sorry I'm a big fan, I guess the mixing forum don't attract all the Hip-Hop DJ's.
Identity Crisis

1. Tenaglia
2. Deep Dish
3. Dave Morales
4. Francois K
5. Frankie Knuckles
6. Tony Humphries
7. Louie Vega
8. Ashley Beedle
9. Darren Emerson
10. DJ Sneak

I rarely listen to that many DJ's, so these are just the best I could think of right off the bat.

my fav dj's:
Jeno
Thomas
Garth
Markie
Harvey
Idjut Boys
David Mancuso
Francois K
'EVIL' Eddie Richards
DocMartin

'Peace, Love, Unity & Respect'

Last edited by a moderator:
The one, the exicutionner! b-boy ANDY C!
The great Grooverider
Original True-Player DJ Hype

Dave Clark
Adam Freeland
Mark Sinclair-( for those of you that dont Know, the master of hard trance/hard house been around for ages puts all other djs in the genre to shame)

my personal favorite of all has GOT to be Dave Ralph.. i think that the guy's mixing is absolutely flawless, and he keeps the vibe going throughout his mies.. Tranceport II was a double-cd that he did back in 1999, and until I heard that mix, I didn't really have a mix cd / artist that I was really hooked on.. another really good mix that he has done was a live Love Parade 2000 set that was recorded and released as a cd..

on the house side, i like irene, victor calderone, doc martin, and some others.. i MIX house, but my favorite mixes are always trance.. =)

/[ 1 3 6 ]\
http://www.rhythmatik.com

First off, I don't mean to come in here as a little punk and start correcting people, but I noticed some erroneous shite in the posts..

Judge Jules was referred to as a 'her'. As much as he may DJ as a girl, HE is still a HE.

Also..DJ Distinctive.. I noticed you mentioned something about Kid Koala and his DJ Kicks series mix CD. I think you may be thinking of Kid Loco. Kid Loco is a downtempo//trip-hop - kinda DJ, not to be confused with the turntable trickster Kid Koala. Loco does do a DJ Kicks mix CD, and it is sublime..as is his other mix CD entitled 'Jesus Life for Children Under 12 Inches' .. another wonderful eclectic ride throughout funk, soul, trip-hop, hip-hop and downtempo.. comparable to Gilles Peterson, who you mentioned is a favourite of yourn.

Alright..that said..

I cannot believe that no one, NO ONE, has mentioned one of the US's greatest DJ and producer and remixer, the one and only Josh Winkleman, aka Josh Wink. He is my favorite DJ, as he can play so many different styles in one set, sliding from downtempo-ish breaks, to deep house, to tech house, to techno, to percussive banging techno, to acid techno.. and you won't even notice it!! If you need an example, pick up 'Profound Sounds Vol. 1' on Ovum/Ruffhouse Records. .. Or find his Essential Mix from last September somewhere--2 hours of pure bliss [listening to it right now as a matter of fact].

My list: [categorized for convenience]

Overall:
Josh Wink <<----these three
Dave Clarke <<----are in a class
Laurent Garnier <<----of their own.

Jungle:
LTJ Bukem
DJ Hype

House/Progressive:
Steve Lawler
Danny Tenaglia
John Digweed

Techno:
DJ Rush
Johannes Heil
Heiko Laux
Carl Cox
Jeff Mills

Hip-Hop, Funk:
Andy Smith [Portishead tour DJ]
Cut Chemist [turntablist, rare funk maestro]

House:
Terry Mullan
Harry Romero

More that can't go unnoticed:
Norman Cook [I don't care what you say, he gets any crowd moving with his own unique qtyle of mixing, selection of his own tunes as well as favourites..for a party-atmosphere, something different!]
Jon Carter [another awesome party/techno DJ]
Adam Freeland [already mentioned, but he kicks]

JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK JOSH WINK

DAVE CLARKE DAVE CLARKE DAVE CLARKE DAVE CLARKE DAVE CLARKE

word.

IVE SEEN DJ SLINKY ONCE ON MTV AND NEVER HEARD OF HIM AGAIN!

I see you listed dj slinky as one of your favs..please tell me where i can find him online(audio,video,anything) ive seen this guy on mtv a long time ago with scribbles and he was amazing in turntablist skills..this guy is number one on my list along with q-bert...please hit me back..thanx

Problem is, that I think there are like 2599 DJ's out there that go under the name of DJ Slinky. I know which one you mean, but I've no clue what happened to him.

Back