to y'all

At 320kbs (CBR) your mp3 compresssion is moderate compared with a source wav or cda file size - so what's the point of doing a file reformat in the first place ?

Hey Eikon, you're not taking any piss... I said that 'cos your sig promotes open mindedness, yes, though your words say otherwise for me. I'm not here to debate the various degrees of open-mindedness, of course you're entitled to your opinions and I respect that, but you're contradicting yourself. If that's your meaning, then cool...;)

:cheers:

Yeah, Dist I understand what you say. But keep in mind, if you have 1000+ mp3's on your HD, even a moderate compression can save a lot of place...

I'm all for vinyl, don't get me wrong, vinyl is the way forward, and it certainly wont ever die out.

Having said that, DJing is about manipulating peoples moods and emotions by using music, if being able to take a laptop to a club as well as a bag of vinyl then if all for it, especially if you can manipulate the tracks in the same way.

Having said that, i still have no respect for people using CDs in clubs, thats just wrong!!!

saw Dave Clarke last year, and he had a double CD player in his setup along with 1200s, sampler etc - didnt take away from the techno for me

cd's are ok really

Back