Who are you? What's your style? What do you do?

K

KinetiKid

Alright, there are so many people here its hard to distinguish who's who and what they spin... how about everyone introduce themselves and explain what they do and what they spin? I'll start first...

I like all types of music, and I pretty much like to spin it all.. but my main thing is hardcore jungle. By that I mean, I like to mix that UK hardcore trance/freeform type **** with jungle thats already hard as #%*&. Other than that, I like to spin breakbeat/progressive trance and a little bit of disco house.

Other than spin tables, I skateboard, I'm a punk guitarist and vocalist, I work at a damn grocery store, and I kill my brain cells frequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, and now I'm a big soldier member.. I just broke the big 100 posts... ooOOoo :confused:

I play trance, mostly progressive style. I also play some house, the type you find off a DJ Dan CD.
I am a third year mechanical engineer, and my finals start tomorrow. Taking a break from studing right now.

I'm Lexicon (duh!)

I spin mostly progressive house ranging from prog. techno to prog. trance and breakbeats.
I pretty much enjoy every genre but progressive always struck a chord for me, dark & twisted sounds works for me real good.

So far I have two mixes of progressive house up. (Click the Mix to listen. All in Real Audio format) (Shameless promotion :o)
Lexicon - Absolute

Lexicon - Divine Decadence

I also happened to have an exclusive melodic (yet occasional moody moments) trance mix under another guise.
Levallois - Odyssey

I pretty much listen to electronic music most of the time. I'm totally addicted to it....Nothing beats to exploring new tunes every week. Thank god, there is always tons of new releases each week or else I might be well dead listening to 'dunno what'..Britney Spears, maybe? ;)

Anyway, enjoy my mixes.

I spin progressive trance and breakbeat.....same as lexicon I've always like prog

I play trombone......I am a genius..and I also lose many brain cells...

I love all sorts, I'm spinning a lot of deeper darker shades of progressive house and trance. I was a fulltime skydiver for 5 years, getting out of it full time , playing music and skydiving now, the best of my worlds, and my lady

MattiiE said:
I love all sorts, I'm spinning a lot of deeper darker shades of progressive house and trance. I was a fulltime skydiver for 5 years, getting out of it full time , playing music and skydiving now, the best of my worlds, and my lady

Full time skydiver? You made money that way? How?!

Verbal

Im Raz, i dont actually mix very much, but im doing a mixing set at a mini festivaal of what i listen to which is electronica/IDM - funkstorung, autechre, fizzarum, plaid all that crazy music. otherwise im a scratch DJ, i dont do much alone, i do sets with another dj, three turntables and 2 mixers, and i work with other bands and projects. I play guitar and have done for a long time. i just finished (yesterday) building a recording studio in my house.

I'm Mats, I'm 24 and I work with sales and education at the largest telecommunications company in Sweden.

I spin mainly soulful house, deep house and some tribal stuff. I've also dabbled into 2-step a little bit, and there are some breakstep and nu skool breakz that I keep with me at all times.

Other than that, I just hang out a lot, buy a lot of clothes, read books, do some session guitar work, eat potato chips and watch a lot of movies.

:eek: This is fil:eek:

I spin hard house and uplifting NRG trance. I'm from New Zealand, but I moved to seoul about 6 months ago.

the scene here is ok, :rolleyes: not much of what I'm into but I get a few breaks with the promoters and get a few spots here and there.:D :eek:

this is a great board with lots of nice helpful people, makes a nice change to the #%$* I have to read on the Korean boards.

anyways peace

Fil

I'm a freefall photographer, and I was an instructor for a little while, I produced skydiving music videos, thats pretty much how I gotr into spinning records. I would use 2 cd players, an audio mixer, a video mixer, and would shoot to edit ( Still do) on the fly videos for people in real time:)

I'm Tristan, I spin as a hobby, I've done some parties tho, but I wanna spin a regular base in the future...
I'm a mixture between Mindblunt, Mattu and Ukcoolat :D

I'm Sergio 24, been in the scene since I was 15 so about 9 yrs now and I have been spinin all styles of D&B for about 3 yrs (almost). I do technical support for a pretty high tech security company. I spin mainly as a hobby altho I have spun out at quite a few party's and Headlined a couple. I have had some international experience as well spinin in New Mexico a couple of years ago. I was also the D&B resident for a party called The Next Phase which was recently cancelled :( , but what can you do right.

ace2486, I'm a student, and I like to spin minimal techno with that detroit flava. I've loved electronic music for as long as I can remember...

KinetiKid said:
Alright, there are so many people here its hard to distinguish who's who and what they spin... how about everyone introduce themselves and explain what they do and what they spin? I'll start first...

I like all types of music, and I pretty much like to spin it all.. but my main thing is hardcore jungle. By that I mean, I like to mix that UK hardcore trance/freeform type **** with jungle thats already hard as #%*&. Other than that, I like to spin breakbeat/progressive trance and a little bit of disco house.

Other than spin tables, I skateboard, I'm a punk guitarist and vocalist, I work at a damn grocery store, and I kill my brain cells frequently.

umm....can you tell me what a set of UK "hardcore" trance would sound like? :confused: ...LoL

Hey, I work as a game artist for infogrames, and freelance also as a web design / design person.

I spin on the weekends.. I never really box myself into one style.. i play anything.. I try to keep the crowd guessing.. mainly i stay away from commercial stuff.. no fluffy trance, Alot of the stuff i play is deep and dark.

And i try to produce in my spare time stuff along the same lines of what i spin.

Ckerr812 said:

umm....can you tell me what a set of UK "hardcore" trance would sound like? :confused: ...LoL

Some people call it trancecore, I just say its hardcore with that trance sounding melody. As you can imagine, I don't spin hardcore with trance too often ;)

namecheck

ma name is Flareward aka Daddy Flare (to mattu & Chriss)
i spin hip-hop/old skool house/rare groove/RnB/2 step/old breaks, been DJ'ing for about 7yrs as a hobby and am now starting to get a little dough for it...live in the UK and work as a social worker, trying to help kids get their life 2gether.
got a project in the pipeline so hopefully i won't be a social worker for long, i own a flat, live with my missus...will travel anywhere for a good night because i have been going out for a long while and the ggod nites are getting rarer.
i'd like to think that i please the crowd when i play and not play what i ihink they want to hear (a fine line)
i play footie (semi pro),watch films,swim/buy sh.tloads of clothes and talk to myself..hahaha

Back