What Monitors does everyone here use on your mixes?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5747
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5747

I recently ordered the Samson Resolv65a for my Project studio and i wanna know which Monitors does every1 else use and what they think about them.

Oh, sounds almost like my home setup :)

I got a pair of B&W DM303. I was on budget and I LISTEN to a lot of music also (real monitors are NOT for listening, they sound too sterile) so I chose hifi speakers that can also be pretty well used as monitors for production. I'm satisfied with my home production level with a pair of these (accompanied with Senn hp's). Check them out on test:

http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/Jun02/articles/monitors.asp

http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/Jul02/articles/monitors2.asp

I would like to own a pair od Mackie HR624's though... but for now it's ok.

cheers

Last edited:
I have a pair of utterly SH!T Boston Acoustics 6,5" console speakers with 1,5" tweeters. I've managed to crash both of them so I'm looking into getting either new speakers altogether or replacing the 6,5"s and get a separate woofer. However, I have about $40 left this month so it'll have to be later.

I'm using a Samson Servo 170 amp and a pair of SPIRIT Absolute Zero's. They don't sound too great when they're at a low level - but bump the volume and their output response is much better. A sign of very good (and therefore expensive) monitors is when their frequency response is almost exactly the same no matter what level they are running at.

Monkey Mouse said:
If you are refering to DJ mixes...

KLH 10" Powered Subwoofer
Advent Calpyso Speakers (2 pairs)

Studio Monitoring:
M-Audio Studiophile 8" monitors
AT Headphones

Sorry for not being more specific lol, i mean Monitors for music production. By the way nice setup guys. i can't wait till my damn Samson Resolv65a's get here already.

2 Gemini mini monitors run into a Peavey 10" guitar amp.

HAHA....pitiful.:p

monitors..... sigh... i wish...

BTW everybody

Quested Mains 412HM
4 Quested Subs QSB118
1 Pair Genelec 1031A Nearfield Monitors
3 Pairs Yamaha NS10-M Nearfield Monitors
1 Pair Auratone Nearfield Speakers
1 Pair Alesis Monitor Two Speakers

SHONDRAE wins!! :D ;)

1 pair M-Audio studiophiles 5b

1 pair Pyle Powered Monitors 150w peak

1 pair old *** speakers i dunno their name for some bass.

Ok.... Wood Technology (i think it's called) speaker stands, Panasonic SA-AK57 mini system w/ dolby pro logic :bigeyes: a behringer eurotrack 6 channel mixer, RadioShack Shure mics, and a pc w/ audiowerk 2 soundcard. For sound insulation, Alot of foam collected from motherboard boxes that i got at work. I'm pimping the best home studio of all yous! lol :victory:

I normally use a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 shelf speakers with a Pioneer receiver//amp. Works great for me cause I do also hook up my PC.. and the sound is second to none.

However.. my receiver went south before Xmas, and it's been in the shop ever since.. been using an old Altec Lansing 2 x satellite + sub, which normally sound great on my PC just for movies or something, but being that they're now blown, I kinda want my Warfedales back ;(

A pair of Yamaha DSP-10 active mon's. I'd like to have some Genelec's too... (but who won't !?)

Has anybody else the Yamaha DSP-5 or DSP-10 ? What do you think about it, guys ? Shondrae ?

Last edited:
Back