vestax pmc05 pro 2 or stanton sk2f

D

directrix

hey, i found the vextas pmc 05 pro 2 for 400 dollars, and the sk2f for 50 dollars more.. i thought the vestasx would be a better mixer, but im not so sure.. i mean, it's on sale for 50 percent off, so im saving 200 dollars, but i just wanted to make sure.
any opionions, im going to be mixing and scratching a lot.. and i can hook a sample up to both right? they both have a send/return effect processor?

thanks guys,
-directrix

You are correct, but the SK-2F is focus fader ready I think. I've heard so many great things about the focus fader... IMHO, it's more or less of a toss-up. See if you can try out both mixers before you buy one.

Try out the Vestax PMC-06ProA. It's a really good deal also. about $50 cheaper than the 05 pro.

Where have you seen the PMC-05 pro II for 50% off? Although the focus fader is pretty sweet, I'd go for the ProII. It definitely depends on the type of mixing you're doing; both are good for skratching, but some have complained that the SK-2F's mixer is TOO smooth, which is a real hassle for more precise mixing. Again, where'd you see the ProII for 50% off? I might check that out...

Peace

Directrix??

What kind of music do you spin? Im kind of new with the DJ stuff, and ive also done my research, maybe we can chat and **** and exchange trades. im on compuserve and my screen name is Mexboy1200, so give me an instant message sometime and we can talk. deal? let me know, i need help with this ****.

ahh, sorry man, didn't see that reply till you asked again in another post, so check that out for answers.. i got aim, i'll try to im ya :)

my aim is "usum owns you" im thinking of changing it to directrix soon, we shall see.. if im not online (im usually away) mail me ;)

usum@macomega.com

Is the SK-2F a good all purpose mixer? Is the -26db cut enough for techno mixing? (by the way, i know its a scratch mixer)

-26 db is more than enough. more than the depth of the cut it is the eq seperation that makes the difference
the roland dj 2000 has only -16 on main channel eq but the seperation is so amazing that its more than enough !

Back