Which Vestax Model?

D

DeeJay D

Hey guys - I know I'm one of the old boys here.... 2003 to be exact I joined this forum - and yes I'm too lazy to search haha...

anyways - which Vestax Turntable model do you guys recommend??? I just can't pick!!! any recommendations???

Note: I just wanna know about Vestax - so dun gimme that 'Why not go for Technics?!' ;) - I love technics, I really do, but for some reason I feel like Vestax.

(might get A Mk5 later when I feel like it)

soo - which Vestax model should I go for?

thanks!

PDX hands down, i have em and i love em..
get the mkII if you can afford new ones, otherwise ebay for 2nd hand pdx2000s

skunk

Hey. Whats goin on Yea I've been using pdx-2300's and they are really jammin. As saying vestax are more for the turntablist dj a dj wanting to scratch and the vestax offer alot more pitch bend and features than technics. technics are more built for club vuestax are for tricks and gettin dirty with scratchin on em. if you can get vestax pdx2300'Mk2's the new platter they have on is very stable.

I own a pair of PDX2300 mk 2 and they are every djs wet dream. although ive heard the J tone arm is of a lower souind quality to that of the pdx2000 it sounds great to me and u seriously cant skip it because of the new floating arm system etc etc. good stuff

Yeah I checked out the controller one - Bl00dy great creation!

yes - If I had the money I'd get it without a question hehe.

the 2300 sounds great!!!! I can't wait to test drive one of em properly - Vestax are such stable - instrument looking - type turntable, Love em.

I'm I trippin' or do they come in different colours??

PDX2000 mark IIs, best bang for the buck in the Vestax format i reckon, i however have the PDX2300, but, it took a while to get used to a different platter height/feeling.

test drive a BUNCH out, go with what YOU feel goes with your style best.

Wil

for me its between the PDX2000 MKII pros and the PDX2300 MKII(no j arm)/PRO(j arm)

me personally i would get the PDX2000 MKII Pros

but yea be careful not to get any 1st gens or you will have motor problems such as motor clicking, backspin problem and etc.. also some of the 2nd gens have the wobbly platter problem because of vestax using 2 screws instead of 4... (mostly PDX2300 MKII)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey MGTSubstance - great advise on that - I shall make sure when I finally make my purchase.

in all honesty - does the tonearm really matter? the sound quality might differ a bit i understand that but the skippage on it wouldn't really matter?

Why did u guys decided on Vestax? (I'm just curious:p)

Im getting it because im entirely into scratching if i was into both mixing and scratching i would probably get maybe the Stanton ST/STR8-150 or the pdx's with the J arm. but yea with the tonearm the straight tonearm on the pdx's with the lowered platter is to eliminate skipping and shiii but the straight as everyone knows wears down your records faster... the J arm is something new they thought of that gives you the same skipless advantage of the straight but wears less something like that i cant remember what the vestax rep told me but that was basically it....

Thanks man!

yeah I'll go with that - gonna get me some money, well I can get it now but I'd rather hold up abit cos ya never know - I'mma get the serato with it and probably a Vestax Mixer to complete the package - yummm....

I need a bigger room....... (and a second job just in case haha)

Djing is like a druggg - but I ain't complaining!

good idea..

lol :P currently i need a job.. im tired of using my dads prediem travel checks its not enough only $1500 dollars.. psssh

MGTSubstance said:
for me its between the PDX2000 MKII pros and the PDX2300 MKII(no j arm)/PRO(j arm)

me personally i would get the PDX2000 MKII Pros

but yea be careful not to get any 1st gens or you will have motor problems such as motor clicking, backspin problem and etc.. also some of the 2nd gens have the wobbly platter problem because of vestax using 2 screws instead of 4... (mostly PDX2300 MKII)

Hey Substance. Do you know if they use 2 or 4 screws on the mk2 series?. On my vestax pdx-2300 i had a lil wabble but nothing that effected my scratching in anyway. the antiskip tone arm covers that.

They're still using 2 screws... Was hoping they would've released a replacement platter after the screw ups with the pdx2000's 1/2nd gen, but its still 2 screws.. Only one I believe uses four screws and thats the QFO, however they did make minor changes to the overall design of the table that would suggest that it has eliminated the wobble but many people are still having issues with the wobble.

Here are some pictures for comparison

1st gen:

2nd gen:

Minor Changes

1st gen tonearm:

2nd gen tonearm:

I got word from one of my friends that if you remove the platter and reinstall it. it should eliminate the wobble on the 2nd gens havent tried it, but..worth a shot if any problems arise.

MGTSubstance said:
They're still using 2 screws... Was hoping they would've released a replacement platter after the screw ups with the pdx2000's 1/2nd gen, but its still 2 screws.. Only one I believe uses four screws and thats the QFO, however they did make minor changes to the overall design of the table that would suggest that it has eliminated the wobble but many people are still having issues with the wobble.

Here are some pictures for comparison

1st gen:

2nd gen:

Minor Changes

1st gen tonearm:

2nd gen tonearm:

I got word from one of my friends that if you remove the platter and reinstall it. it should eliminate the wobble on the 2nd gens havent tried it, but..worth a shot if any problems arise.

Is that Second generation your posting the Mk2'Series?.

MKII yep, i wouldn't really worry about it though simply because even though they're still using 2 screws in the MKII's suppously the platter fits tighter elimnating the wobble (2nd gens though) if anything get the MKII pro havent heard any platter problems with 2nd gen mkii pros...

True Thx. When i first got my vestax pdx2300 and i put em together then relized this wobble and i buged out called the place i bought em from explained it to em they didnt know what i was talkin about i sent em all the way back outta state. but b4 i got the ones i sent back they sent me the 2000's instead of the 2300's had to send those back get the 2300's sent the 2300's beacuse of the wobble got new ones and the same thing a lil wobble then i said hmm just a defect?. and just forgot about it. these tables are the bomb never have done me wrong i love vestax to this day best tables on the planet. peace

ahhh I can't wait!!!

they some sexy thangs ey!

that tone arm is a heartbreaker hehehe

I love technics aswell and I'll prolly buy em sometime in the future - just purely for it's historical and significant factor - just cos it started the whole DJ revelution :p

I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to dj equipment :p

Thanks for the pics btw - now i know what to look for

I Got EM!!!

PDX2300mkII Pro's

got them on a bargin aswell - one was new and one was a store demo - but for $650 AUD each.. I couldn't resist. (that's considered F%^king cheap in Australia... they normally are $950+ a pop.

But I'm missing a Joystick nob, a counter weight and the other counterweight that goes on the side which I hope I'll get em soon cos the store is ordering em for me. but that's it!

I got the wobbly platter aswell but it's all good - I got em running under M44-7's and they are great.

But I need my counter weights......grrrr... I got a gig on saturday too... so I might have to use one table with serato just to get by for now cos my Denon CDJ's are with my friend who's filling in for me on another gig.

did I get a good buy?

Back