using Traktor Pro 2 for DJing

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
Hey everyone, when I started this electronic music stuff, I got traktor and VDJ but I found traktor to be my favorite of the two.

I just bought the $99 license for the pro version of it (again, lol its been a few years and I have a new laptop). I don't even think I had the same version as before. It came with a controllers many years ago.
but anyway...

Does anybody else use traktor? If so, how do ya like it?

I'll be making youtube tutorials explaining how to connect midi controllers. I use an MPD26 and some other random controllers, but I've connected them all. If you're looking to learn, I'll post those tutorials videos in this thread.

If ya any advice or tips for traktor, let us know too! we can talk about cool tricks for it here.

cheers

Last edited:
ya, i think its really good. I think its the easiest DJ software once everything is mapped. The mapping can be tricky but once you get it, its easy to mix two songs. It's worth it.

Traktor 2 is great for DJing in any venue. This is a pro-level equipment. However, if you're going to use 'em in clubs or bars, it is always a good idea to let the venue in-charge or promoter know in advance that you will be bringing it in as some mixers require specific plugging paraphernalia.

Last edited:
^ right right. ya it looks really nice. I use to use it with a conventional dj controller but it works fine with the mpd26 or non-conventional controller too (after the midi mapping, which can be a little tedius but its cool).

I much prefer playing on CDJ's, but that is mainly because I don't have to bring my laptop and because I'm not looking into a screen the whole time. Traktor is great. I've started playing hybrid sets with it and Ableton Live running at the same time (beatmatching them manually so they sync with each other). That way I can record loops and patterns and beats in Ableton while DJ:ing and have everything sync up.

Hello. i am new on this forum. I use Traktor for my gigs and podcast recording.
I have a little experience in setting up him with non NI hardware.
I have .tsi for M-Audio X-Session Pro, Behringer CMD MM-1 + 2xCMD PL-1 and Vestax VCM-600.
It was very hard to set up Traktor with Behringer.
I have little "bug" with it.
As any one here who can help me with settings that I don't understood?
PS Sorry for my english ))

Last edited:
Back