turntables

D

DJ Bite Size

i dont have much money to spend, so i was wondering if ti would be wise to buy each turntable one at a time. for right now, i want to just be able to listen to my vinyls. and then afterward i can buy the other one and then purchase my mixer, is this a good idea or no? please someone get back to me as soon as you can, thanks

If that's all you can afford to do, then there's nothing wrong with doing that. But I'd suggest you try DJing on a friend's setup to make sure that you really enjoy DJing because you don't want to make this kind of investment and find out after all that saving and waiting that you really don't enjoy it.

yeah word dr foo, thats what i had in mind,

if your mixing with scratches, like d and b, hip hop or just plain scratch, i would recommend getting the one table, as u can work on all types of scratches, and your technique.

If you just want to listen, then it would be advisable to buy a 15 dollar, real OLD skool (like 1970's) turntable, that u can get from any classified, and plug that straight into your amp.

The only problem I can see with buying them one at a time is that you're going to want that second turntable reeeealy badly once you get into it :).
Homegrown is right though.. there is still a few important techniques you can start to practice on one table.
I'd also like to point out that the resale on turntables is pretty good (especially Technics) so if you do give it away, at least you won't lose too mush $$$.

Back