Traktor s2 as a first controller?

Endorphins

I plan on djing soon and I was wondering if I should go with the Traktor s2 for $400 or if I should find a Numark in the same price range?

I also was curious if controllers use xlr's or w/e to hook up to interfaces? I have the scarlette 2i2, but my laptop only has one working usb port which is the one my interface goes through. So if they don't connect directly I'll have to find a usb hub, not sure what one would be good for powering an interface and everything though.

Help would be verrry much appreciate :)

I'd also like to add I've been producing for a long time now and am going to dj because I finally am at the point where I can play my tracks live. I'm not sure if the Numarks are more complicated but I'm always up for a challenge :P

Last edited:
Go with the S2 man. One of its big advantages is you don't need an interface, it IS an interface in and of itself. :) Just hook it up via USB to your laptop and you're golden. Finding a USB hub shouldn't be too tough. Go to Amazon, type in "USB hub" and read through a few reviews of the ones that have a ton of ratings.

Read up on this DJ controller guide if you still have doubts. S2 a great option!

Go for the S2. It's my "at home" DJ-setup and what I learned to dj on. I occasionally use it for shows where they don't have CDJ:s as well.

It is a great piece of equipment and I have never regretted buying it. Really good value for the money and a large user-base.

Also, since it's an interface as well as a controller, you can use it with your speakers and headphones when you are mixing as well.

Back