Thread: Is it too much to ask...?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I am somewhat of a newbie to DJ'ing scene and currently looking into the Mixing/DJ'ing of MP3's.

I have looked at, tried and used many pieces of software... VTT, MJ Studio, BPM Studio etc, etc and the list goes on.

I am YET to find a piece of software that emulates REAL turntables, I'm a little fed up with the jog wheels and such that take too long to respond to the mouse/keyboard commands/movements.

All I ask of is a decent piece of software that will allow me to mix using what 'appear' to be real turntables.

Browsing through a Virgin Megastore the other day, I saw such a program, tried to remember the name, even wrote it down but lost the piece of paper .

Please, someone must know of such software, and if so, where can I find it for evaluation/trial?

Thanking you in advance.
    Bye for now.

Thanks
    First, welcome to onlineDJ.com

About what you asked:

You are right, there are a LOT of virtual DJ programs out there, and not many if not none is providing this real feeling you can have with 2 decks and a DJ mixer...

BUT...

But I am going to tell you something a friend of me told me (I won't say his name or what company he is working for), he said that such a program is coming, very well engineered, emulating what you asked for.

HOWEVER... As good as it will be, it will still be a software, and I believe there is nothing as good as the real thing, as far as sensations.

About what you saw at Virgin Megastore: I guess you've seen a box of HipHop E-Jay or something... they show turntables in the back, etc.. but it is not a very profesional program. If you want to give it a try though you can, but it is more like a ACID wav sequencer without all the cool features in a "hiphop flavoured package"

Hope this help
    Good luck, and see you around
    PLEASE HELP FP BY CLICKING ON

Thanks

Arrow

Thank you for the welcome to onlineDJ.com ManoOne.

Firstly I would like to start by asking that you keep me informed of the progress or any related links to this piece of software as I would much appreciate it.

I know it will still be 'software' and no where near as good as the real thing, but until I can get plenty of these; , I can't get any real decks .

Oh... btw... I know my music software.. and it wasn't anything to do with EJay... I wouldn't touch that stuff with a bargepole lol.
    It simply said on the box 'MP3 Turntables' and the software company was something like GDS software, although I don't remember exactly and therefore have not been able to look them up.

Thank you once again and remember to keep me posted .

Goodbye for now.

[Edited by 4unk on 10-07-2000 at 11:30 AM]

Thanks
    Hey 4unk, you're welcome man, this site is here for us music people to share thoughts, ideas, and help eachother.

I hope to see you around check the existing threads, there are some really fun conversations going on

Take care
    PLEASE HELP FP BY CLICKING ON

Thread Information